Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New owner of a 2016 Frontier SV 4x4. Love the truck so far. It feels solid, like a little tank!

Had an issue and wanted to see if it's normals for this truck. When I'm stopped at a red light, the truck interior vibrates, especially the passenger seat. I can really feel the passenger seat vibrate bad. I also had my sun visor down and it was vibrating pretty bad too.

This normal for these trucks?

Thanks. Looking forward to learning more about these trucks on these forums.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Purchased a Pro 4x early December 2016. I have not noticed any harsh or "bad" vibration. Why not take it to the dealer and show the issue to the service advisor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purchased a Pro 4x early December 2016. I have not noticed any harsh or "bad" vibration. Why not take it to the dealer and show the issue to the service advisor.
Yup. I may do that. I only had the truck for 2 days. Just wanted to see if it was normal for these trucks, because if it is, I don't want to waste my time at the dealership

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yup. I may do that. I only had the truck for 2 days. Just wanted to see if it was normal for these trucks, because if it is, I don't want to waste my time at the dealership
Well , what you described is not normal for the Frontier I have. It is pretty smooth at idle. I had a Tacoma once (1st gen) that vibrated some. Toyota replaced the pax seat which seemed to fix the shaking issue.

Good luck. Hope Nissan fixes it to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a '16 with manual and the 4-cylinder and 4's are notorious unbalanced engines, this one too runs very smooth. I'd definitely take it in to the dealer. That's why we have warranties. ::smile::

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Mine vibrates on idle. Do a search and you will see a lot of people have gotten gauges so they can bump the timing up a couple hundred. If you think its excessive take it to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts