Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I'm a little baffled? First I will say that this is not a knock sensor complication, it's been occurring for awhile, I thought the KS relocation would rectify it.
Every now and then, at a light at stop sign, in gear, I'm getting a light skip in the engine. The plugs have about 10K miles on them, I put a new distributor cap and rotor on, I removed the MAS and cleaned it with a MAS cleaner, checked for vacuum leaks, none, new PCV, used Lucas fuel injector cleaner, and relocated the knock sensor. I have know idea what the heck it could be, I've been chasing it for a week, and it's driving me nuts. :confused:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Try running some seafoam through it... also try fuel filter... Only other thing I can think of is do you have your AC on when its doing this?could be the pump engaging and disengaging..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Good point about the AC pump. Mine has a definite kick when it engages.

Are all the spark plug caps snapped ON securely? Especially #6

Could also be some water in a cheap gas fill-up. SeaFoam. as suggested.

·
Registered
61 Posts
not sure what year you have. I have a 2000 frontier and mine dose that too. I have been told its a fuel injector going out.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what year you have. I have a 2000 frontier and mine dose that too. I have been told its a fuel injector going out.
That's what I think to, a fuel injector, I have a 2001 S/C. But what's bothering me is the truck only has 65K miles on it. I ran the fuel injection cleaner because I suspected it was a dirty injector, we'll see.
The skip occurs with, or without the AC on. Any way to tell which injector, if that's the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts