Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some vent visors to install on my truck. I want the ones that mount by being inserted into the window channel, not the ones that are applied with tape or clips. Any advise as to which brands are the best? Pro or cons for one brand over another? I've never had a vehicle that had them before, so this is a first for me. Any help/advise/experiences with this type of part would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have Lund on mine...

I hate to disagree but I have Lund which are mounted to the outside of the window frame with 3M tape. I have had only problems with the window channel ones. They always seem to fall out unless I put them in wrong. Sorry.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have Lund on mine...

I hate to disagree but I have Lund which are mounted to the outside of the window frame with 3M tape. I have had only problems with the window channel ones. They always seem to fall out unless I put them in wrong. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please don't appologize! These are the things I'm looking to learn. My initial rational for wanting the in-channel model was not wanting to glue or tape anything to the painted surface. This is exactly why I love these forums, and why I pose such questions prior to making any decisions! Thanks you for your input and for sharing your experience! I look forward to hopefully hearing some more thoughts on this topic! Thanks again!

·
Registered
166 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
Please don't appologize! These are the things I'm looking to learn. My initial rational for wanting the in-channel model was not wanting to glue or tape anything to the painted surface. This is exactly why I love these forums, and why I pose such questions prior to making any decisions! Thanks you for your input and for sharing your experience! I look forward to hopefully hearing some more thoughts on this topic! Thanks again!
I have the inchannels, not sure of the brand, but installed by the truck accessory dealer locally, no problems at all, no signs of falling out and look much better imo than stick-ons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have owned three trycks over the last 8 years with Weathertech in channel style.They are made of acrylic,not flimsy plastic.They fit so tight,they are tricky to install on the first try.They were never removed after installing.That is recommended,so they don't ever get loose.
There are a light and dark shade available,but last time I checked, they only made the light ones so far.I always had the lighter ones,but my Dad has some of the dark ones on his Titan.They are sweet,so I'm waiting for the dark ones to be available for my truck.

The only Thing I did not like about the light colored syle is they seem very,very,slightly puplish looking out.They look fine from the outside.The dark smoke are not this way.

If you want the best,my vote goes to Weathertech :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts