Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m hoping you guys can help me out. I have a 2011 Nissan Frontier and I’ve had more problems with this truck than I could even begin to explain! Anyway, last night I was driving into work and the roads were very icy and wet. I hit a puddle on the road and the truck did a 1/4 hydroplane, nothing serious. When that happened the VDC OFF, SLIP, ABS and BRAKE lights all came on. Once I got to work I turned the car off and turned it back on again and the lights were off. However, once I started driving again the lights would come back on 20 feet down the road. This happened a number of years ago and I remember the lights did go off on their own but I can’t recall the time frame. I’ve been doing my research over the past day and I’ve done what’s been suggested. My coolant levels & power steering fluids were both at min and I topped them off. I’m just wondering if any of you guys have had this happen in the past or are currently dealing with the same situation. I bought this truck new and to say it’s been a bust is an understatement. I’m trading it in, in two weeks for another vehicle (most likely not a Nissan) but I still wanna try and get this squared away. Thank you guys for any tips, suggestions or advice any of you have.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have not had the issue.
How was your brake fluid level? You may want to go to a mechanic to see if any codes were thrown and stored.
You could have a faulty wheel speed sensor or another traction control sensor.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
I have had that happen a couple of times over the years in the exact same situation you described. I also have an '11, so, not sure what that means. I haven't seen it since I had the dealership do the steering angle sensor recalibration a while back though. Not sure if that's related or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fluids are good and those lights pop on at 15 MPH. Unfortunately the Nissan Service Center by me are complete crooks. I replaced my tires 3 days before I took the car in for an oil change and they told me my tires were worn and needed replacement smh. This has happened before but I don’t remember the lights staying on for this long. My gut tells me it’s a malfunction because when I slid those lights came on and everything was driving fine but I just don’t know anymore.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like your steering angle sensor needs to be reset. I had this issue before after swapping steering wheels. Can't find the exact procedure now, but I believe it involved unplugging the battery for a few minutes then driving in a straight line for a hundred feet or so at 15 mph or less

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this happened randomly I would think there was a sensor issue but to skid on ice and have the lights come on make me feel it’s a malfunction. I appreciate the tip I’ll try and look up the procedure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts