Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the vacuum hoses for the supercharged frontier?

·
Super Moderator
3,681 Posts
I don't really understand your question. Are you looking for a vacuum diagram?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I'm trying to find out where the vacuum hoses are to check out. Do they come off the intake at all?

Sorry for the stupid question I'm just fed up with this rough idle.

·
Super Moderator
3,681 Posts
There are a couple that are sourced at the very back of the engine, one of them for the fuel pressure regulator which is also at the back of the engine. You have the boost actuator on the passenger side of the supercharger that runs vacuum hoses along the back to the boost control solenoid. Most of the vacuum hoses are on the driver's side of the engine/engine compartment. I got 10' of blue silicone vacuum hose off of Ebay, recently, and replaced most of mine with that; a lot of the vacuum hoses were original and getting dry rotted. The blue matches the NGK spark plug wires perfectly. Compared to some engines, there really isn't too many vacuum hoses to deal with. If you every worked on a old Honda or '80s domestic car, you would know what I mean!
Try this link; it might help you:

2003 Nissan Frontier Engine Control Vacuum Piping

·
Registered
674 Posts
There are a couple that are sourced at the very back of the engine, one of them for the fuel pressure regulator which is also at the back of the engine. You have the boost actuator on the passenger side of the supercharger that runs vacuum hoses along the back to the boost control solenoid. Most of the vacuum hoses are on the driver's side of the engine/engine compartment. I got 10' of blue silicone vacuum hose off of Ebay, recently, and replaced most of mine with that; a lot of the vacuum hoses were original and getting dry rotted. The blue matches the NGK spark plug wires perfectly. Compared to some engines, there really isn't too many vacuum hoses to deal with. If you every worked on a old Honda or '80s domestic car, you would know what I mean!
Try this link; it might help you:

2003 Nissan Frontier Engine Control Vacuum Piping
Being that a lot of the hose diameters are different, what size hose did you go with?

can that silicone hose also be used for coolant?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,681 Posts
I used 5/32" vacuum hose. It's not intended for coolant and I'm not sure why you would need a 5/32" coolant hose? This size will cover most of the vacuum hoses except for the one that comes directly off of the boost actuator (which does eventually get reduced to 5/32"). There are other sizes available, if you need them. This is what I bought:

Blue 5 32" 4mm Vacuum Silicone Hose Turbo Intercooler Coupler Pipe Turbo 10 Feet | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts