Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Not all of those vaccum ends are used. You can tell which ones had a vacuum hose on bc it'll be shiney on the end. Some are just open tubes and some have a cap on the end.

I just posted a pic of my plenum the other day.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
OK, Going off memory, I just had my plenum off. The ones circled in Yellow have a vacuum line attached to them. The one by the Throttle Body has a vacuum that goes to the MAP. The one in the back has a vacuum to it as well. The ones cirlced in pink are left empty. Thats for my 2000 model anyways.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It's been a while. Guys thanks for all the help. The pic in post #21 is correct. The 2 vacuum ports in pink are not used. Not on my truck anyway. My leak was coming from the lower intake plenum. I removed both plenums to make sure the gaskets was not damaged. They was OK so I torqued them to 22 ft lbs as per my manual. What happed was the young guy that was helping me that day torqued them to only 8 ft lbs. He was looking at the wrong line in the manual.My truck is running better than ever. Again thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I`ve gotta ask , where did you get the new vacuume hoses from ? When i had my upper intake off , the " elbows" on most of the hoses had splits`s in them at the ends that went past the clamps and i had to silicone them as best as i could so i could get it back together in time to drive the truck to work the following morning . Since then i have been kinda searching around and have only found one or 2 hoses at rediculous prices each and i would like to get them all and replace them all at once like you have !!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I`ve gotta ask , where did you get the new vacuume hoses from ?
Go to the Auto Parts Store and see what they have. They'll let you walk behind the counter where all the hoses are, match one up thats closest to what you have, and get one with a bend in it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I did as TXDAY did. I got a few from NAPA that was a direct fit.Then I went to Orileys Auto Parts with my upper intake plenum and had them matched up. Some was way to long and I had to cut them from both ends to get the bends exactly as the old ones was. I think all in all it cost me about $120 for every hose including the 3 that go to the engine block.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I also replaced every factory pressure clamp with stainless steel hose clamps from ACE Hardware. I feel that ACE has the best quality hose clamps Make sure that the screw on each clamp is also stainless steel. The average price on the hose clamps was around $1.25 each. Again I took my intake plenum to ACE to match up the hose clamps. I bought the widest clamps that they had. I think it took 12 or so clamps to do the job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I mathed up pletey of hoses and such over the years. I have a 1987 KAWASAKI ZL 1000 ELIMINATO
Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Transport
R muscle cruiser that all the coolant hoses are discontinued. 5 in all. Cost me less than half if the hoses was still available from KAW.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I mathed up pletey of hoses and such over the years. I have a 1987 KAWASAKI ZL 1000 ELIMINATOR muscle cruiser that all the coolant hoses are discontinued. 5 in all. Cost me less than half if the hoses was still available from KAW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like some input on the vacuum hose and the coolant hose that goes between the back of the engine and the fire wall.
1) Vacuum hose, I believe it goes to the automatic transmission ...Right??...What dose it do? and most important for me....How in snowball hell dose a fellar install this hose???

2) I know what the coolant hose is for but......How in snowball hell dose a fellar install this hose?

I have struggled with these two hoses for quite some time. The vacuum hose is still not on there and the coolant hose is just barely on and just starting to drip.

Any input, any help, even a good joke would help and/or ease the frustration. Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
1,086 Posts
The same guy who determined the knock sensor location designed the coolant hose location 😰.

There's your joke, hope it helped...

Seriously, I've said this before, some sadists at Nissan shoehorned the VG33 into these trucks. But hey, the knock sensor and coolant hose both make the #6 spark plug look easy 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
The same guy who determined the knock sensor location designed the coolant hose location 😰.

There's your joke, hope it helped...

Seriously, I've said this before, some sadists at Nissan shoehorned the VG33 into these trucks. But hey, the knock sensor and coolant hose both make the #6 spark plug look easy 👍
Well That helped a little.
I got 4 brand new Cooper Venturer 31x10.5 r15 mounted yesterday and damn dose she ride sweet! (and well, that helped a little also)
Bottom line :That 2.5 inch long coolant line is still dripping. And that vacuum hose dose not exist.

I will continue to read.

Thanks Good Peoples.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts