Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=367_149_631&products_id=5967
JET V-Force Plus Performance Module is designed for the performance enthusiast that wants improved performance, acceleration and the ability to monitor vehicle information. Designed around a 20mhz RISC processor the V-Force Plus optimizes ignition advance and fuel maps for optimum horsepower and driveability. In addition the V-Force Plus allows the user to select from 14 different screens to monitor Throttle Position, Mass Air Flow, Manifold Pressure, Fuel Economy and Air/Fuel Ratio. Replaces part number 67008.

This tuner just popped up on 4x4parts for $275 and its actually a Jet Performance Product, anybody know anything else about it?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Kinda sounds like the install requires some wiring...may not be for everyone.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had a model like that and ended up screwing my MAF and the cable they give u barely runs long enough to mount it in the cab

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
its an over priced scangauge 2 type deal, just run a real tuner

·
Registered
475 Posts
i looked into one after installing my sc. looking at the aem f/ic now but.... the install seems simple. you just have to splice into like 4 wires on various sensors on the engine ie. tps maf etc. im still considering it just cause its cheap but id like something thats programmable with software. these have 4 preset modes to choose from and ive heard mixed comments on them from a couple guys with x's over at clubx. i would like to see what they could do on the 2nd gen fronts tho.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
thats what i would like to know 2 before i buy it...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I vote NO. For the simple reason that you have to splice wires connecting to the MAF for install.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Its not really that much cheaper than Hypertech or Superchips, which both have great reviews by club members, so why take a chance when these have already been proven?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
because the first gens do not have a superchips or hypertech tuner out there at all.. infact there is no tuners for the first gens that i have seen until now....

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
because the first gens do not have a superchips or hypertech tuner out there at all.. infact there is no tuners for the first gens that i have seen until now....
I totally get your situation, (being a 1st gen) and would also consider it if it were an actual tuner like Hypertech and Superchips, as long as its not like an SLR plastic box with a couple of wires and resistors stuffed in it. Also, my previous statement/question was directed at the OP who has a 2nd gen truck. Let us know if you get it and test it out for all the other 1st gen guys, and us 2nd gen guys too. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts