Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions regarding the track.
1- Is the Titan track the same as the Frontier except for the lenght?
2- I bought the nismo but it did not have the utili-track option. I have the plastic bed liner.
Can I stil mount the track by drilling through the plastic bed?
Thanks for any response. :?:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
It is my understand that you are correct when you say the track channel is the same on both the Titan and the Frontier, it is the actual lengths of the tracks that is different. There is also an aftermarket company who sells the channel system, but I don't recall the name. It was posted on one of the Titan forums. As for drilling through the plastic liner and mounting the tracks, I don't know how well that would work as most drop in liners have a gap between the bed and the liner, but I suppose if there were spots where the liner fits snug to the bed, it could be done.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Guyane, I will be removing my tracks and extender soon. My '05 Fronty is only 2 months old. Would you be interested in buying it?? I live in Santa Clara, Ca.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I didn't have the plastic bed liner I would consider it. But I would have to remove it to mount the track and I don't have any room to store it. Also I had to pay for it since the dealership didn't want to keep it. It's a lot of money to throw away. Thanks for the offer.
Also I found a company that makes wheel chokes that mount to the side of the bed without any drilling. They're a little bit more money but I don't have to throw the bed liner away.

·
Registered
361 Posts
StormNISMO said:
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but just wondering why would you take the utilitrack of your truck?? 8O :?
IMO its one of the best parts of the truck.
Because I will be using my truck for camping. A shell will be put on the back and an inflatable mattress will go into the back. It will just get in the way. As guyana said, the dealer wouldn't take mine off. He wanted to charge me for the utilitrack and $200 to take it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts