Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to ask what is probably a really dumb question with my first post here but I just bought my 2013 Frontier a couple of weeks ago and it came with Utili-Track installed with 4 cleats and a pair of these other brackets. I have searched everywhere that I can think of but haven't been able to find what these brackets are used for. I was hoping someone here could tell me what they are?

20160927_135332.jpg

Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Brackets for a sliding bed extender

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
They are the brackets that the bed extender as well as the bed divider (I believe) drop into. Looks like you have the brackets but not the extender to go with it?

·
Super Moderator
11,255 Posts
Yes they are for the bed extender. No, they are not used for the bed divider.
Enjoy your truck.

Clint

Reactions: NYCe_Frontier

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I see it now. Thanks, guys. I guess either the previous owner kept it when they sold the truck or it just got misplaced somewhere between.
Anybody need bed extender brackets? :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
First thing I did when I got my truck home, well... after considering it a bit, was crush the bed
extender up and throw it and the $60. ea. OEM cleats in the recycling bin. Just bait for thieves.

Bought one of them cheap Harbor Freight bed bars, and made my anchor points from 3/8' nuts
and eye bolts.

Good riddance to bad ideas!

·
Registered
21 Posts
First thing I did when I got my truck home, well... after considering it a bit, was crush the bed
extender up and throw it and the $60. ea. OEM cleats in the recycling bin. Just bait for thieves.

Bought one of them cheap Harbor Freight bed bars, and made my anchor points from 3/8' nuts
and eye bolts.

I didn't throw mine away, but the night I got my truck I took the bed extender out for fear of it being stolen, put it in my garage, and it's been sitting there ever since.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Use mine extensively. Keep it under a Tonneau cover and it's there when I need it. Plus it's not exactly expensive. If someone steals it you're out a few hundred. Just push it up against the cab and put one of the nut cleats on the cab track. Then run a pistol lock behind the cleat and lock the extender into your bed. Really, it's the only decent use I've found for those oem gun locks.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
These items readily sell around here. Then, you could make a charitable donation with your earnings. Nothing wasted.

·
Registered
374 Posts
These items readily sell around here. Then, you could make a charitable donation with your earnings. Nothing wasted.

Yeah, it did seem like a waste to toss them. But a bunch if 2# aluminum blocks seemed like
too much temptation. We have to monitor our recycling and scrap metal sites around here
because people were pulling down aluminum street light poles at night to scrap them for
materials.

Hadn't thought of donating them, but hadn't joined the site here yet either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
where do you live? haha. I've never once considered someone stealing the tie-downs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts