Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Utili Trac in a non UT bed

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mike Mahon 
#1 ·
Ok so I have asked this on some other forums without any luck. I have read many posts, and looked at a lot of pictures as well. I just can't seem to find what I am looking for.
for starters I have a 2013 SV Frontier. I bought it used. . .If I had bought new I would have purchased a truck with the Utili Trac system. That said I love the truck, but. . . Yea Nissan did customers dirty not placing the stand offs in every bed for Customers to be able to add the system later.

Moving forward I located a full set of UtiliTrac with hardware, and have it waiting to go in. I don't want to do this install Red Neck style. I want to do the best job I can, and get the system in the truck bed secure, and functional. I know my bed does not have the mounting points which from what I have seen are just stand offs welded to the inner bed shell. What I would like to ask is if anyone can measure the stand offs under the track system? would need length width height. I will try to make them myself, and get them in the bed. From this I'll try my best to make a good post showing how I do it, and make it available for people to follow the steps.

Any ways if anyone has the time, and could help me out I would like to see if I can get this done. It would be greatly appreciated. As well any pictures of the system installed like how far down the front bed piece is from the top etc. again thanks in advance for any and all help.

See less See more
#2 ·
OK so marinating on my above post I see that it's been seen etc. Let me ask another question. Is there anyone within the area of Redlands/Yucaipa/Beaumont/Cherry Valley Ca, or the surrounding areas that has a Frontier with the Utili Trak system (in, or out) that I could come, and take a look at take some measurements, and be on my way? Six pack rule applies??? Let me know. Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
@Mike Mahon
Try performing a quick search of a local Pick-A-Part near you to see if there is a Frontier in stock. The local yard might have a picture of the bed area giving you a hint if it came equipped with a Utilitrak system or not. If you see that the truck in stock has the Uliti Trak system visible in the photos, then you can take a drive to the auto salvage yard. It doesn't matter if the Utilitrak system is still with the truck or not. You're basically looking at getting measurements off the mount points. People that visit the Pick-A-Part can remove the trak system but they can't remove the mount points.

Anyhow, hope this helps... Good Luck!!

edit: Oooopppsss!!!...forgot to include the link!!!

Reactions: Mike Mahon
#5 ·
OP - if you’re in that area I’d contact dezert runner off-road just to see if they might have a truck on hand you can physically see and take the measurements, etc. you’re looking for. They’re usually dealing with heavily modified Frontier’s so you might not find what you’re looking for but it’s worth a shot.

i believe they’re in Yucaipa. (P.S. that area brings back memories from when I was in the ‘Corps… (we did a lot of parties and ladies out there! 🤣)

Reactions: Mike Mahon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.