Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a couple of weeks I'll be pulling the stock 2016 SV tires off with roughly 2,000 miles on them. I'd hope to sell them locally to recoup some monies spent on the new tires. What price could I ask or should I expect to see? A new set of 4 would be least 500.00 plus tax etc...

HANKOOK
DYNAPRO HT RH12
ALL-SEASON HIGHWAY
P265/70R16
Mileage Warranty 70,000 Miles
Treadwear 700
Traction A
Temperature B
Load Range 2,403 LBS
Speed Rating 111T (118 MPH)

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
i dont think tire warranties transfer, and thats the biggest reason used tires sell much cheaper than new.

unless you have proof of purchase from an approved dealer or manufacturer, your warranty is vooooooooid.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont think tire warranties transfer, and thats the biggest reason used tires sell much cheaper than new.

unless you have proof of purchase from an approved dealer or manufacturer, your warranty is vooooooooid.
Good point... I've never attempted to sell or buy used tires so I have no idea here...

Half price at best perhaps?

·
Premium Member
12,118 Posts
if you are searching for half price, i would toss them online for 350 OBO and just see what happens.
someone will likely ask for 300 and thats 50 more than half wooooo, but most lowballers will probably kick 100$ on the first offer lol.
but at least it gives you room to wiggle.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Used Hankook's

I sold all 5 265/75-16's from my X with 4000 miles on 4 of them for $375. The spare was brand new....

I was asking more and got talked down on the price..... and I gladly accepted. Throw them on CL and here, take what you can get.

BTW.... if you go off road, I highly recommend getting 5 tires of the same size and tread pattern.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discount Tire will give you credit toward a set of new tires if they are still in good shape. They did for me on my Hankooks a couple weeks ago, they had 20k miles on them though so I didn't get a lot. $60 each I believe.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Really depends on the area. Used tires sell well around here. At least half the new price. I would say even 3/4 is very reasonable for tires that new. People that buy used tires, myself included, don't care about warranties just tread depth, and even wear.

·
Registered
397 Posts
...personally, I would keep your new tires and get a 2nd winter set = what I plan to do with mine :)

·
Premium Member
2,136 Posts
are you going to an off-roading tire? My understanding is the Hankook is a decent tire for road use...

As to asking price, my rule of thumb is 1/2. Doesn't really matter what it is. Its used. You no longer want/need it so if you get anything then you're up on it (no disposal costs).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Used anything is whatever someone will pay...so you never really know. A couple of years ago I had a winter tire/wheel package from a car my wife had just traded in. They were like your's...barely used. Put them on Craigs list for 1/2 and no one wanted them. Ended up selling them for $100 just to get them out of my garage. Would rather have $100 than old stuff I can't use taking up my limited space. In this case the guy that bought them didnt really even want the rims...they didn't fit his car. But I took the $100 just to get them out of there.

PS: I did make him take the package not just the tires :) Wouldnt help me to just get rid of the tires.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
I have bought a few sets used at ~200 (tire price) for 5k or less miles. I usually buy them with rims too and then sell the rims to re-coup some of the price. Its a buyers market when it comes to tires so beware.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Discount Tire will give you credit toward a set of new tires if they are still in good shape. They did for me on my Hankooks a couple weeks ago, they had 20k miles on them though so I didn't get a lot. $60 each I believe.
Thanks this I did not know but will ask about since I plan to have DT install the tires, I purchased the tires through DTD to take advantage of the Cyber Monday pricing while I'm still at work on board ship....

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...personally, I would keep your new tires and get a 2nd winter set = what I plan to do with mine :)
This too I considered but decided against as:
1) I simply wanted the blackwall all-season tire off and the more aggressive all-terrain with OWL in place...
2) Having lived in "Lake Effect" lower MI since 97 without so much as a winter rated tire I felt that I least was making a step in the right direction with a tire that has the snowflake...

·
Registered
397 Posts
This too I considered but decided against as:
1) I simply wanted the blackwall all-season tire off and the more aggressive all-terrain with OWL in place...
2) Having lived in "Lake Effect" lower MI since 97 without so much as a winter rated tire I felt that I least was making a step in the right direction with a tire that has the snowflake...
....heading from NY to ND after being stationed too far north for far too long so I know how you feel...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts