Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Used Camper to fit 05 Crew Cab 5' bed??

28K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  upflying 
#1 ·
Does anyone know first hand if a slide in camper will fit the 5x5 bed of the 2005 CC? The frontier manual says crew cab models should not carry slide in camper.

#2 ·
They can carry slide-ins. You are just limited in options. There are midsize truck slide in campers made for 5' box. I was just browsing the net last week on this subject as I was kinda interested in the idea. I was actually kinda surprised to find there are some made, being it is such a small box. Im sorry I don't have any names I can even remember to give you to search. But I did find them kinda easily. And maybe some kind of air assist suspension wouldn't hurt (firestone ride rite???). Hope this helps.

#7 · (Edited)
Here's a bad photo of my first test fit of my '87 Starcraft Sportstar.
It's a popup camper made for an 8' Ford Ranger. Found it cheap on eBay.
I installed Firestone air bags and Torklift frame tie downs.
A shortbed Frontier should be able to carry a "compact truck" 6' camper with the tailgate down.

#9 ·
#10 ·
How can they justify the cost of that? Go look at ultra lite travel trailers. For $18,000 you get a toilet and shower as well as can sleep 4-6 depending on layout. There is on board freshwater, cabinets etc. too. And they both cost the same. At least in the trailer you could actually live in it if need be.
Thanks for posting the link, I've wondered about a slide in for a long while.

Clint

#11 ·
The travelite are starting to get into off road trailers too, the coyote and fourwheelcampers are expensive but ive seen the be taken anywhere the truck can get.

#12 ·
The slide ins that I like have fixed roofs and offer more amenities. The link you posted is a nice product but think the unit shoud be a third or less than their actual price. $18,000 is a brand new Sentra to put things in perspective.

Clint

#18 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.