Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to replace one of my blank switches in the bottom of center dash with a panel that has two or three usb ports for charging. I've been able to search the forum and find some links to a part like this, but the links no longer work. Does anyone know if a part like this exists? I photoshopped the idea of what I'm looking for...

·
Registered
219 Posts
The actual wiring from the truck is going to be very specific, a thin spade connector type deal thats mounted into a plug. The spade connectors are at 90 degrees from each other if I remember correctly. I was able to make an adapter that fit into the factory plug, to the USB outlet that I swapped into the dash. Its on my build page, not too many pics, post 41, and 42. I'm gonna redo it to relocate the usb audio and aux to the dash, and get that rectangular dual usb to go in the center console in place of the existing audio connector. Thanks for posting btw, I was brainstorming what to do exactly, and this thread helped out a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a plug in the harness behind the dash to plug into? Basically is it plug and play?
No. I purchased the one from OTRATTW and it simply has two prongs on the back. Just got it a few minutes ago but I'll update when I have it installed. Sounds like firemanspock, above me, purchased from amazon and also was not plug&play.

I was able to make an adapter that fit into the factory plug, to the USB outlet that I swapped into the dash. Its on my build page, not too many pics, post 41, and 42.
Thanks mr spock! Please update us when you have some of it done. For anybody curious, here's a link to the pics he references.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't modify the slot or the switch. The photos above show the fit. It's as flush with the panel as it's meant to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts