Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a cable with a license for sale. Its never taken out of the box.

The guy bought it for his 350z and sold the car.

Here is where I am confused....I called uprev to make sure it would work on my truck but they said I would have to buy another base tune for $200.

I don't get that.....I thought you hooked the computer, got the ecu info sent it in and then they would build a base tune.....

Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
I found a cable with a license for sale. Its never taken out of the box.

The guy bought it for his 350z and sold the car.

Here is where I am confused....I called uprev to make sure it would work on my truck but they said I would have to buy another base tune for $200.

I don't get that.....I thought you hooked the computer, got the ecu info sent it in and then they would build a base tune.....

Any help?
They may not understand that the org license was never used, you could try explaining to them again. As a general answer, you upload the new tune, run around a bit with the comp logging, then you email it off to them. I know on their site they say they'll only do 3 tunes/troubleshooting before you have to buy additional tunes/licenses. Not sure how aggressively they hold to that. Check with Chaosminion on who he went through to do his Uprev tune, they worked with him ALOT as there was no out-of-the-box tune for a 2013/14 Fronty to start from. They started with a generic fronty tune and did like 4-6 different tunes before getting one everyone was happy with. You also might look around at the dyno shops in your area that either tune Uprev or Nissan Z cars, they would be a good source too.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what I think is the deal after talking to an Uprev protuner out of Atlanta.

If the cable and base tune are bought from a dealer, rather than directly from Uprev then the $250 tune money goes to the dealer.

I am not !00% sure on this because the guy was busy and could only talk for a minute

I cant get in touch with anyone at Uprev except the salesman and I dont know if he knows what he is talking about.

I am trying to get the guy to find out where he bought his cable and stuff from but its been a while and he doesnt remember...maybe...he is supposed to be checking.

I am going to call another shop today and see if I can get some better info

the only reason I am doing this is because he only wants $250 for it which is all I can afford right now. I cant afford dyno tune so I am counting on being able to get the base tune he has already paid for and a couple of etunes to get it close to right.

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Chaos did Uprev, used this shop [UpRev Osiris - Cajun tuned by Joe @ CajunBpipes] you can see it starting @ post8

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the license has not seen another vehicle for instance it can easily be used on another vehicle's ECU. Now the main question is do you have the right ROM for that ECU so you are able to flash it on the ECU. If you do not have the correct ROM for the ECU let me know and I can help you with that. Need to know like this 23710-xxxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts