Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have regularly vacuumed my seats and carpets since it was new (2005) but never really thought I needed to do more.

Today I used my little Hoover SteamVac Jr and cleaned my seats and front carpeting. I really didn't think my seats were dirty, but when I was done, before getting to the carpets, the waste tank had black water in it. After doing the carpets, I dumped out the waste tank and after the water poured out there was mud sediment I had to rinse out!!

I had no idea there was that much dirt in my truck - especially the seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I couldn't do leather seats. They make my back sweaty (too much sweat leads to swamp butt -- no bueno, gentlemen!)

The worst to steam clean are the floor mats. After a while, I learned to just blast them with a water hose, toss some walmart-brand head and shoulders and scrub away, rinse, then suck up the excess water with the carpet cleaner.

As far as seats go... wow. That's a lot of dirt, sir.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah, us guys in the South just sweat and stick to leather. Imagine getting into a black truck with leather after it's been sitting out in 100+ degree sun for a few hours. Not fun. That's why I went with cloth.

And even though you don't have to steam clean leather, you still have to condition it, which essentially takes the same amount of time and effort.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, us guys in the South just sweat and stick to leather. Imagine getting into a black truck with leather after it's been sitting out in 100+ degree sun for a few hours. Not fun. That's why I went with cloth.

And even though you don't have to steam clean leather, you still have to condition it, which essentially takes the same amount of time and effort.
x2

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
you think mud is bad, when i used to detail cars i did a maserati once that i noticed the smell of cigs in. when cleaning the dash and all the leather i got a nice yellow brown color on all my rags when cleaning the interior, when i sprayed leather clean/conditioner on the seat i could just watch it turn yellow brown and the color of the water after doing the carpet was the same. he also had burns in the carpet. got most of the cig smell out but i really wish i could have given that car a much more loving home as part of my family lol. i mentioned all this to him when he picked it up and the first thing he does when he gets in it is light up. that cig residue coats everything in a car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts