Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is this to do?

Say if I wanted to upgrade the original 2009 SE crew cab 4 front speakers and get a new HU, how much would this end up costing and is it DIY doable?

I am thinking of getting 4 good quality speakers (maybe not replace the 2 back lower speakers because they don't seem to be much use...) ($200-$300?) and a decent HU ($250-$350?). If I purchased these online, would I be able to install them myself and would it be a good sound quality improvement?

Should I just head to a car audio shop and talk to them?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not hard if your handy and purchase all the right parts, dash install kit, wire harness, antenna adapter. Just about anything quality HU and speakers will improve your sound immensely, in fact even just replacing the HU makes worlds of difference.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I think my stock speakers and head unit lasted 3 days in my truck. Replace with good stuff and its a huge sound difference. i would run 6.5 components up front. and either mid bass drivers or 3 ways in the rear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Access speaker area?

How do you access where the speakers are (on dash and behind door panels)?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
the doors you need to pull the panel off. undo the window switches (a good time to get pathfinder silver covers) and take the the dash speakers think the grill pops off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Replaced all 4 factory speakers in my truck and head unit in about 2 hours. All Pioneer materials. Got Head unit from crutchfield and got all materials needed for free. Got speakers from amazon for half price as crutchfield. Sounds great for what I want and only ran about $275 total.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Bleedorange32 I dont think I could get a replacement for a single speaker in my truck for that. (JL audio XRs) what speakers did you end up going with?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got Pioneer TSA6963R in 6x9 for the front and the same in 6.5" for the back. They sound great for the money and fit in perfectly. My head unit is Pioneer as well..not sure of the model but MP3 wireless remote ipod connection so it was pretty nice on clearance at crutchfield. Speakers came from amazon. They were 100 per pair at bestbuy and i got both sets for 125 shipped.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am confused with people saying 4 speakers... I am pretty sure that all frontiers 2005+ crew cab have 2 speakers in the dash, and 1 in each door.

bleedorange32, since you have LE, where are your speakers located?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am confused with people saying 4 speakers... I am pretty sure that all frontiers 2005+ crew cab have 2 speakers in the dash, and 1 in each door.

bleedorange32, since you have LE, where are your speakers located?
The "speakers" on the dash are just tweaters. Some people replace them, but most that I've seen just leave them stock. So when people refer to replacing the 4 speakers, they are referring to the 4 door speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts