Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning guys ,thought id post an update on my really nice 2017 nissan frontier , I have an old thread in 'STREET TRUCKS " about the rattle noise i was getting at startup , everyones advise was to check heat shields . Ive been a ASE master tech for ten plus years now and I just had a feeling that heat shields were not the issue ! So, took the truck to the dealer on Monday, 34000 miles , thats right , you heard me right 34000 miles only ! I am fortunate to have a good tech who is knowledgeable and friendly , he stated that he had never heard anything like this in the newer 4.0s but he heard it , on startup a loud rattle for about two seconds , his diagnosis : new timing chain and tensioners ! WOW ! Needless to say I immediately upgraded to a 2019 Titan , this is my fifth Nissan but my first full size , I have always had damn good service out of my small trucks ....so with that I just wanted to share this , I am now going over to join Club Titan ........thanks for listening and get your truck checked cause it may not be heat shields !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts