Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have 54.5k on my truck at this very moment. I had my tires installed on at about 47k. So i've put about 7.5k miles on the tires since i had them installed. Thought id share my honest opinion on gthem so far.

Pro's

-They are bigger than the size says. They are a true 33" tire. In at about 33.1 inches
-They stick out slighty because of the lugs/carcass
-The do very well in mud/trails
-They have a very reassuring self cleaning process and provide ample traction in harsh conditions
-Tread has hardly gone down in almost 8k miles
-Mpg loss has been minimal at best. I use to get 20-22mpg highway now im getting 18-20mpg highway. With my city not going down much either. It use to be about 17-19mpg city. Now its at 16-17mpg city.
-Didnt have to change or recalibrate my speedo
(measured with police radar detector)
-Wide footprint when aired down to 15psi
-No trimming needed in the rear "yet"

Con's

-Tends to slip on rocks
-Good amount of trimming and still have more to do
-Rubs frame on right front passenger tire. Like others have talked about.
-Road wine from the tires have gone up

Well thats my personal experience. Would i get another set. That is a very stern yes. I have been very happy so far with them. So im very assured of what i have instore for me with these tires. I suggest those looking into these. Do take into consider the needed trimming and all needed. As it will be necessary unless you like your plastic getting rubbed by a $900 set of tires rubbing on anything makes me nervous.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yep, I got'em too, 285/70R17 and totally agree with your review. Mine have approximately 2,000kms but so far haven't had the chance to test them in mud. :(

I get rub on the frame at the front and as far as I can tell it's because of the offset of my stock wheels, but for the time being I'm not willing to spend another 900 Euro on offset wheels (procomp 8089 if I remember correctly are supposed to alleviate frame rubbing).

Had I known that offset wheels would be required I would have been more patient with my previous set of Bighorns and then bought 16" wheels and 285/75R16 tires (that's the only thing that pisses me off).

I like the ride with them bigger tires but these things are expensive, price for four was 1,120 Euro! You do the math.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I was thinking of using 1.5" spacers too but they would cause serious rubbing on the fenders, and maybe not only plastic, as far as I could see so I chose to stick to stock rims for the time being.

Can't wait to test them in mud.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have some pics of them in abunch of different terrain coming. I have my Ocala/Titan meet. I'll also hit up the local trail everyone runs. Then takes some pics there too. I didnt get no action shots at the Coal Creek meet. Which is a huge bummer.

So stay tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts