Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After posting on the subject, and not getting much feedback good or bad, I thought I would give this stuff a try. My cousin has been telling me to try it for years, he swears by it. I bought a quart at Meijers for 29 bucks. One application is 8 ounces. 2oz. per quart of oil. That will last for four oil changes. That would be 7.25 per application. ( there are smaller sizes available )

After roughly 20 minutes driving time, the idle is noticeably smoother. A short trip up the interstate was next. It seemed to take a little less pressure on the gas pedal to maintain cruising speed. All around , the truck seems to run a little better, a little stronger. Might just be my imagination, might not. Time will tell. I was mainly interested in the claimed mileage gain. That would be nice. I just filled the tank, then added the motorkote to the oil, so, It will be a week or two before I need gas again. I’ll update at that point. TBC........

I am not affiliated with Motorkote in any way. This is just an experiment, just for fun.::smile::

·
Registered
675 Posts
I posted in your other thread I use it an same as you felt pu idled smoother but I didn't see any mileage gain though I used it hopes it will stave off any premature engine or drive-line tear apart by me

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've heard good things about motorkote. Part of me wants to say "its snake oil just use good oil" but I've seen too many people say it helps. I'd like something to reduce my rough idle. I was thinking about trying 0w40 oil vs 5w30 to see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As cheap as it is per ounce, if it did nothing but smooth out the idle, it would be worth it, haha.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Motorkote update

After going thru one tank of gas since adding motorkote to the oil, the idle is definitely smoother with a warm engine. I don’t really see any fuel mileage improvement, but I don’t really study it either. I got 320 miles out of this tank, that’s 1/3 highway, 2/3 city. Don’t know how that compares to other 2.5 KC automatics. There you have. Is it worth the money? You be the judge.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
I'm wondering if it's something you'll need to add at every oil change to keep the idle smooth. i guess some of it will stay behind with the old oil (since not all oil is drained during an oil change) but i'd imagine you'd probably need to re-add it again every 2 or 3 oil changes but who knows... keep us posted after the next oil change!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Motorkote on my 2016 Desert runner for about 4 months. It took about 2 weeks before I saw any mileage difference my mileage has gone from 17.1 to 18.6 Im sold started using it in my wifes care with the same results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts