Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the complaining that goes on about our trucks, parts, service, etc, I thought I’d shed a ray of sunshine and share a very positive experience I just had…

I pulled my AirAid CAI off the shelf last night because I was going to reinstall it in my truck and I noticed the rubber lip on the filter was torn. I removed the filter and saw the opening on the MAF Adapter where the Filter attaches was out-of-round! Having no idea what would have caused this, and not really knowing what else to do, I shot off an e-mail to AirAid and to Premier Truck Accessories last night with a couple pics and an explanation of what I found.

This morning I received a phone call from AirAid, and they are shipping out a new MAF Adapter and Filter, no questions asked! So, I’m here to tell you that when AirAid says they have a No-Hassle Lifetime Warranty, I believe them!

I did ask if they had any idea as to what would have caused it, and they said sometimes over tightening the clamp will cause the MAF Adapter to warp. He said they actually saw one that had broke because it was tighten too much, and he did say it doesn’t take much to hold the filter on, so no need to torque that clamp on the filter! I have no idea if the damage was caused by me putting the clamp on too tight or not, and apparently AirAid didn’t care one way or the other, because my replacement parts are in the mail, with NO-HASSLE!

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Thanks for the info!! Its good to know there is actually somebody standing by their products and warranty. It seem they took care of you very quickly which is also unheard of nowadays.

I'm even more satisified with my intake now!!! :D

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not just once, but twice! I had initially contacted them when I first installed the Intake because the clamp was too small. Turned out it had more to do with the cold temps while I was trying to install it, but they sent me two new clamps just the same. One the size that comes with the kit (incase the wrong size had been sent initially) and a larger one just in case! Both times the response was either same day or the following day! I have to say I am extremely impressed with thier customer service!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wow. Guess I know where to get my CAI.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a really nice addition, and the price is right too. David at Premier Truck Accessories has extended his special member price till the end of March as well, so nows the time to take advantage of a good deal on a quality intake! Here's David's info if you're interested:

David Edelman
Premier Truck Accessories
888-345-4782
623.344.5052 fax
[email protected]

And here's a link to the special price:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=573

He's also offering a special combo price if you purchase the AirAid CAI and PowerAid TBS at the same time! Of course if you get in on the JBA Exhaust Group Buy as well, he'd probably make you a really sweet deal on all three!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE!

I got the replacement parts from AirAid today, just as promised! Everything came in perfect condition, and I've got it back together. As a side note, I'm happy to report AirAid is including a larger hose clamp with the filter now! I guess they had more than just my complaint about the smaller clamp. Anyway, just wanted to follow-up and let y'all know the outcome! Making purchases like these are so much more enjoyable when you know you have a strong reputable company standing behind the product, and an equally strong reputable company standing behind the customer! I think I've found this combination with AirAid and Premier Truck Accessories!
:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
So rare to find a company that doesn't hassle, bully or ignore a customer. Many thanks to AirRaid for actually taking care of their customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts