Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says, does anyone know if the unpainted body side molding is the same color as the black door handles and mirrors?

I am thinking about keeping the black theme going on my '17 Forged Copper King Cab.

I think the two painted black options would be too glossy to go with the door handles and mirrors.

What say you guys.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am going to call the local dealer body shop tomorrow. Hopefully they will have an answer. Hate to buy the unpainted and then have to spend more money painting it to match the mirrors when one of the other two black choices might work for me.

I also need to find some nice looking black side rails. The ones I put on the '15 had these large silver nuts showing that I did not like.

I can get them through the dealer for less than that, but thanks for the link.

·
Super Moderator
11,604 Posts
I'd imagine anything unpainted is just a primer that will not age well and look very bad after a short time being exposed to enough UV rays.

Clint

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm kind of surprised (disappointed) that Nissan does not offer these body moldings in a matte black finish that matches the black mirrors and door handles etc...

·
Super Moderator
11,604 Posts
Buy a set and spray with a rattle can of rustoleum bedliner.
It should be fine.

Clint

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I am going to get the black ones and if they don't match well enough I will repaint them. Better than starting with the unfinished and knowing I will have to paint them. I put protectant on the black parts so they aren't matte finish anymore.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went ahead and ordered the black unpainted body side moldings. I think they are going to work out fine. Once I get them installed along with the rest of the accessories I ordered, I will post up some pics.

I like my new Raptor nerf bars much better than the ones I had on my '15. The old ones stopped at the back of the cab. These go from wheel well to wheel well.

Not sure I am going to like the Nissan Window deflectors as much as the ones I had on the '15 that went inside the window well. But the ones on the '15 scratched the top edge of the windows which I didn't care for.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't put protectant on them yet. Have to wait a day or two. I am happy with the look.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
How was the install of those moldings? Seem to recall reading you've kind of got one chance at it?

How glossy are they up close?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How was the install of those moldings? Seem to recall reading you've kind of got one chance at it?

Yes, one chance at it. You need a flexible tape with mm on it. Sewing tape works well. The end of each molding at the door openings fit into the channel. You peel back a couple inches of the tape cover and fit it into the channel, then line the front with the masking tape you put at the right measurement. Hold it in place and peel the tape covering off. The instructions are pretty clear.

Nissan is running a special right now if you use the Estore and have the parts sent to your local dealer. The more you spend the greater the discount.

They look just like the mirrors, door handles, mud guards. Once I put protectant on them I will get some close up photos.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Here is a shot out in the sun.

and zoomed in.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts