Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a universal reese hitch and it says that it fits frontiers on the box but i was just wondering if anyone had one and if so how did it fit and is there anything special you have to do to put it on i just wanna know before i have to drill through my frame

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yea i bought one as well. I had to drill holes in the frame to get it to work. I wouldve spent the extra money to get the direct bolt on, but mine was an emergency.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yea i bought one as well. I had to drill holes in the frame to get it to work. I wouldve spent the extra money to get the direct bolt on, but mine was an emergency.

There is drilling required. The only reason I have my Reese Universal is becaus Lowes had it on sale for 24 dollars.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do they work ok though?.....i already have the universal one and but i can return it but is it better to just get one that is made just for the first gen. frontier ?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I had the Reese universal on my 97 hardbody ,and wrecked it.
Took it off ,and its been on my 04 Frontier for the last 5 years.

No problems ,and I tow often.
I dont recall drilling anything.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im probably gonna put it on sometime soon then

·
Registered
877 Posts

Not the best shots, but the hitch is not nearly as exposed as it looks in the pic.
It looks like that because of the angle I took it at.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks that will help me alot

·
Registered
62 Posts
hey alec, yea i have a reese on mine too. I took mine to a friends house, used the bolts to get it aligned right then welded it in place...are you planning on towing anything heavy with it? or just that small 4 wheeler trailer y'all have? if thats all you're gunna be pullin i wouldnt worry much, but thats just me. hows life?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im probably just gonna bolt it but i think i will drill a hole on each side so i can have two bolts in the fram and two bolts in the L bracket the people a reese said its just as strong as a weld that way......i have that 4wheeler trailer with the side gate ill pull and ill probably use it to pull people out or get pulled out when deer season comes along or on the beach life is pretty good waiting to get into my new house and its only about a week away and dreading school starting

1 - 12 of 12 Posts