Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After incorporating these LED clusters in my interior and along the rocker panel as seen in this thread http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...77/#post794418 I decided to add some under the hood.

I used 3 clusters: one in the middle back and two on each side on the front of the hood.

I got a plunger switch from Radio Shack that is open when the plunger is depressed and closed when the plunger is extended. I drilled a hole at the passenger side rear where black plastic overlays the firewall for the plunger. I shorted one lead of the plunger switch to the washer and firewall and the ground wire to the other plunger lead. The ground supplied by the switch will complete the circuit and turn the LEDs on.

I bent a piece of sheet metal and drilled a hole in it and mounted it on the hood hinge bolt. The sheet metal will depress the plunger and open the circuit when the hood is closed.

I wired a 5 AMP fused line to the battery positive terminal and the hot leads for the LED clusters.

I routed the wires to the LED clusters through openings in the hood and glued the LED clusters to magnetic strips with Loctite and that's what holds them in place.

Now when I open my hood I have instant light!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Looks good

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
creative man. im going to order a 4 piece led 7 color kit soon to do some underdash lighting.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cool, hypnotic, and smart!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no flash, no other lights, taken Dec 19 11:00 PM

·
Registered
857 Posts
Awesome bro! I've been wanting under hood lights since the very first day I drove the truck off the lot, brought it home, opened the hood and couldn't see anything cause it was dark out haha.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
nice work!! looks great!

·
Registered
210 Posts
wow thoughs look so good.
great mod!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts