Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

Quick question for those familiar with the Undercover classic one piece tonneau cover for later model king cab frontiers. I have a ‘19 SV and I ordered an Undercover classic from 4wheel parts. Does anyone know if I will need to order a replacement tailgate cap to convert the flared one that later model frontiers come with to a standard cap in order to use the Undercover classic? Or will it work as is? Thank you in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did message Undercover, but have not had a response yet. Since itʻs coming over to Hawaiʻi, I wanted to get the info ASAP so I can order an older style tg cap if needed before install. I figured someone in this forum might have encountered this question as there are a lot of experienced members here

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Ah ok... While I don't have an Undercover Classic (I have a Truxedo LoProQT) I did some searching... judging from this photo I found online, unfortunately it looks like you will have to remove the "aero cap" and replace it with the older "non-flared" one for the Undercover Classic to fit, as there's no way this cover will fit over the late model aero cap:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thatʻs what I was thinking. I got a message from Undercover customer service that said:

“Hi Kaimana no you will not need a different T/G cap, that is only for the 2013-2017 models thanks “

i think I should send them a pic to double check cause the 2017 tailgate looks exactly like the 2019 one....

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
thatʻs what I was thinking. I got a message from Undercover customer service that said:

“Hi Kaimana no you will not need a different T/G cap, that is only for the 2013-2017 models thanks “

i think I should send them a pic to double check cause the 2017 tailgate looks exactly like the 2019 one....
No point really - they might have the years wrong but they have the parts right.
I have a 2014 and I have the aero cap too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts