Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten there underbody sprayed with rust inhibitor/protection and have any opinions on it? A lot of shops up here that do spray in liners offer it. Was wondering if its worth it or not. I get assaulted from both sides up here (ocean salt and winter road salt)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Everyone seems to get their trucks sprayed each year up here in New Hampshire. Road salts and sea spray on the coast really kill cars. I've seen five year old trucks rusting away...

I've lost two trucks to rust, so I'm definitely having my 2019 Frontier sprayed this Fall.

Luckily, it doesn't seem that these trucks suffer from as much rot as older Rangers and Tacomas do, but its still a good idea.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
There are videos showing how much it creeps after being sprayed and gets into places that might have not had enough coverage or access. A liquid drop gets to like a quarter in size, it’s really good stuff, especially when shot inside the frame.

Clint

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 CC, Midnight edition, white
58 Posts
Something else to put on my to do list. Clint, how often do you reapply it?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It is an annual coating, so every year is ideal. I have been doing it the last 2 yrs. One thing is if you work underneath your truck you will get it on you.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
It’s reapplied annually, I’m sure some may try and spread it out longer.

Clint

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Bs. Plenty of comparisons out there. NH actually had rust under the spray in one.
Fluid Film works, spray it yourself, all natural.
I have used both products and nhoil out performs fluid film.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can’t say I have used nh, but fluid film is has been fantastic.
Did you test them side by side under controlled conditions? Otherwise too many variables, lets see a test.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
Can’t say I have used nh, but fluid film is has been fantastic.
Did you test them side by side under controlled conditions? Otherwise too many variables, lets see a test.
Does fluid film creep like nh does? There are time lapse videos showing how far a liquid drop migrates. You could actually have a slight miss in the application and the surrounding material covers it up. Just wondering and won’t say yours doesn’t do it’s job as I have no personal experience with it.

Clint

·
Registered
155 Posts
All oil “creeps”. Kroil is most famous. It doesn’t spread, just works into cracks. And ff certainly does work into crevices. And it kills and stops existing rust. My 2001 Ranger was going downhill bad when bought used in 2010. Shackles were starting to flake. Ffilm 2x a year brushed on stopped everything. Still be driving it if a drunk hadn’t totaled it. Heavy salt use around here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had my 2019 ccsv coated with NH oil last summer shortly after buying it. It does creep and it will drip on your running boards, bumper etc for a while. No big deal for rust protection. Looked underneath and everything is still pretty well covered and no rust yet. The guy who did mine said to bring it in for a touch up after a year and see how it went. He said most of his customers are good for 4-5 years. I paid $360. It took a few hours as he removed headlights, tail lights, door panels, etc.

·
Registered
Great teuck
406 Posts
When I was a kid, we lived on the island of Oahu. Lots of rusty cars there. Sometimes you would see perfect cars, older then normal. One owner said it was something you attached to the frame and hooked to the battery. It gave of a current that kept rust from attacking. I never could remember what they called it

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
When I was a kid, we lived on the island of Oahu. Lots of rusty cars there. Sometimes you would see perfect cars, older then normal. One owner said it was something you attached to the frame and hooked to the battery. It gave of a current that kept rust from attacking. I never could remember what they called it
JC Whitney used to sell those in their magazine ads. Surely a trip to google would have the name and amazon probably sells it.

Clint

1 - 20 of 23 Posts