Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day all.

Took my Ute on some fire trails over the weekend and hit a few muddy pot holes. Although i didn't do any damage, i was thinking alot about getting an after market bash plate to protect things. The factory one looks a little thin to me and i'd prefer to be safe, not sorry!

What do you guys have? Any recommended? How much and where to buy?

Thanks for looking.

Michael :twisted:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
G'day ****
I have had the TJM 2 part plates for a couple of years now and they work OK. Mind you I dont go out of my way to test them out. From memory they were $400 for the pair and I fitted them myself.
I did a little right up way back then, you could do a search.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi ****,

I to have the 2 TJM guards fitted and I also have a third gaurd that covers the transfer case ( I put forward some ideas & donated my car to Brown Davis to do the prototype some time ago)

I would say the most important ones are the 2 front guards, the diesel sump is vulnarable and I have heard many horror stories about the radiator being pushed up and into the fan due to the crappy Nissan stone tray that is fitted.

I believe there may be some issues with fitting the sump/transmission guard to later D40s as Nissan stopped adding the captive nuts to the cross members.

I would suggest giving both TJM and Brown Davis a call to do some investigation and find out what will and wont work for you. I was looking at the TJM site and it looks like they may have dropped the sump/transmission guard

Cheers
Kyle

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I have had my TJM Full length body armour on for a couple of years too and bashed the daylights out of it with no issues other than knocking the bolts off the front bash plate once.

I think they are a must have as I actually put a fist sized dint in my oil pan right in the middle of the Kimberlies and was lucky not to have taken out the oil pick up...............would have been a very expensive rescue! Not to mention that little tin tray cost 400 Aussie and the gasket seal is 60 bucks!

Ozroder

·
Registered
46 Posts
calmini 5" lift kit. Comes with a bash plate looks nice to Baby BLue!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts