Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total domination by Brock Lesner over Frank Mir, George Saint Pierre over Tiago Alves, and Dan Henderson over Micheal Bisbing! Great fights!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Huh, I figured Mir would submit douche again. He finally learned how to fight for real i guess.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Huh, I figured Mir would submit douche again. He finally learned how to fight for real i guess.
No he didn't. He did the same dame thing he always does. Rushes in, takes them down and then lay on them so they can't move. This is the worst fighter Dana could have let in the UFC. I'd rather watch two Super light weights fight than that guy.

On the other hand, if I was a betting man, I would have raked it in last night. The whole card went exactly how I predicted except I thought Lensnar would win in the 1st. Which he almost did.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent night for Henderson. Don't really know what to say about Lesner's closing comments.
Yeah, honestly I didn't realize until then how much of an a-hol Lesner is, but I guess he was really fired up from all the hype and badmouthing back and forth. He did mess Mir up pretty good from the ground. I couldn't imagine getting hit with a couple of those shots.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
the thing with lesner is......he doesnt realize the WWE is different than MMA. MMA fighters appreciate their fans, not taunt them like WWE characters do

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
just wait... pretty soon hes going to go to the announcer table and grab a chair...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
He's a d!ck for sure. I hope they find someone that can beat his *** at some point. It's one thing to submit him like Mir did the first time. But I would like to see someone KO him. Not just because I don't care for him, but I think it would take a hell of a fighter to do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lesnar stated himself that the reason he wanted in the UFC was because it is REAL fighting and that he was sick of the fake Drama BS that WWE is. The guy works hard, trains hard, and fights hard. I personally think he got what he deserved. When the fight was done and the little dramatics at the end occurred, all Brock was doing was standing up for himself by telling Mir to go ahead and talk more $#it. The guy was fired up. Not only from holding his title, but holding his title infront of a pile of haters.

I think his speach was excellent. While he was being bombarded with boo's all ahe said was "keep it coming...I love it." He held himself together in a storm of negativity. The rip on Bud Light was excellent. Being the guy to "get on top" of Sable would be even better.

I do have to say that even though Mir's face was demolished by "two lunch boxes" as Joe Rogan put it, he was a very professional sportsman with his closing comments as well.

The rest of the fights were just as awesome as the rest. Strong battles etc. We all thought Bisping was dead after the closing forearm smash Henderson laid on him AFTER the original knockout and canvas head smack.

As for GSP....Amazing fighter! True sportsman with a ton of respect in the UFC. Very well deserved title hold!! Not to mention it was awesome hearing a Canadians name chanted in such a large American based venue. Even though most Americans have their opinions of Canada and our French culture, even I laughed (with pride of course) at GSP when he started his speach.

GSP FTW!!!!

edit- it goes without saying that I am not a Lesnar fanboy, and I too would like to see someone take the title from Brock. Just for the excitement factor alone.

·
Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts
Lesnar stated himself that the reason he wanted in the UFC was because it is REAL fighting and that he was sick of the fake Drama BS that WWE is. The guy works hard, trains hard, and fights hard. I personally think he got what he deserved. When the fight was done and the little dramatics at the end occurred, all Brock was doing was standing up for himself by telling Mir to go ahead and talk more $#it. The guy was fired up. Not only from holding his title, but holding his title infront of a pile of haters.

I think his speach was excellent. While he was being bombarded with boo's all ahe said was "keep it coming...I love it." He held himself together in a storm of negativity. The rip on Bud Light was excellent. Being the guy to "get on top" of Sable would be even better.

I do have to say that even though Mir's face was demolished by "two lunch boxes" as Joe Rogan put it, he was a very professional sportsman with his closing comments as well.

The rest of the fights were just as awesome as the rest. Strong battles etc. We all thought Bisping was dead after the closing forearm smash Henderson laid on him AFTER the original knockout and canvas head smack.

As for GSP....Amazing fighter! True sportsman with a ton of respect in the UFC. Very well deserved title hold!! Not to mention it was awesome hearing a Canadians name chanted in such a large American based venue. Even though most Americans have their opinions of Canada and our French culture, even I laughed (with pride of course) at GSP when he started his speach.

GSP FTW!!!!

edit- it goes without saying that I am not a Lesnar fanboy, and I too would like to see someone take the title from Brock. Just for the excitement factor alone.
I would say his speech was appropriate--not excellent.
He was pissed off, that's the speech you get.
Personally I thought he sounded like a dumb meat-head. He can say what he wants because he is who he is. No one is going to make him change his ways. He's a freak of nature.
UFC needs to sign Bobby Lashley to take out the champ.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bobby Lashley wouldn't be able to beat Lesnar and UFC fans treats him like WWE fans by taunting him and booing him which is why he loves to piss them off more. I agree he can't really fight. He lays down on his opponents and just hammers them but an you imagine what it would me like to get an armbar from him. Goodbye arm. Very scary thought. I thought it was funny to see he got married to Sable. She really just got passed around the WWE. Whoever beats Lesnar, I am sure she comes with the title and the paycheck.

GSP is gonna hold that titl longer than Matt Hughes it seems. Thiago held up well enough but couldn't stay on his feet. It says alot about GSP to continue an amazing pace through the fight and still take down thiago with such quickness and strength.

Dan henderson just amazed me. Bisping was very lean and almost looked too small to go in there against henderson.

Overall good event and I really look forward to UFC101. I like Forest but I still think Silva is gonna make history coming into Light Heavyweight slowly but surely while still holding his belt.

·
Senior Moderator
4,558 Posts
Bobby Lashley wouldn't be able to beat Lesnar and UFC fans treats him like WWE fans by taunting him and booing him which is why he loves to piss them off more. I agree he can't really fight. He lays down on his opponents and just hammers them but an you imagine what it would me like to get an armbar from him. Goodbye arm. Very scary thought. I thought it was funny to see he got married to Sable. She really just got passed around the WWE. Whoever beats Lesnar, I am sure she comes with the title and the paycheck.

GSP is gonna hold that titl longer than Matt Hughes it seems. Thiago held up well enough but couldn't stay on his feet. It says alot about GSP to continue an amazing pace through the fight and still take down thiago with such quickness and strength.

Dan henderson just amazed me. Bisping was very lean and almost looked too small to go in there against henderson.

Overall good event and I really look forward to UFC101. I like Forest but I still think Silva is gonna make history coming into Light Heavyweight slowly but surely while still holding his belt.
He submitted Bob Sapp with strikes.
I know Sapp and Lesnar are two different beasts, but I think Lashley has the strenghth and speed to at least keep up with Lesnar and not get dominated like Lesnar does with everybody else. I think he has a chance because of his experience beating somebody as massive as Sapp.

·
Registered
130 Posts
He is a different beast and probably wouldn't be dominated by Brock but I still think overall Brock is truly a freak. He is very athletic which proves to help him since he doesn't have true MMA Training other than some boxing and wrestling.

·
Registered
890 Posts
i dont care what people say, brock isnt that bad, he was excited he was pumped up... think about the mental preperation he put himself through going into that fight to pump himself, hes been beat by mir once, this is UFC100, and hes goin at him again... its hard to just turn that sorta mentality off once you win. Bisping got what he deserverd, and GSP is a badass, thats my say on it all. oh and superman punch...

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
the brock fight was a waste of money, who wants to watch a pile of muscle lay on another guy chest to chest and punch him hahaa, thats so gay to me..I wanted them to throw some blows. the other two fights are awsome. Bisbing is an awsome fighter, not cocky and very technical. GSP is a beast...

·
Registered
890 Posts
bisbing not cocky? did you see any episodes of ultimate fighter? hes from liverpool... his mouth is always running lol, i loved him too untill he decided to talk all his crap, and as far as brock laying on mir, while i hate seeing fights on the ground, its not exactly shameful for a heavyweight to use his weight as an advantage (although i think there should be a bigger weight category for people like him)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
well i missed the fight... i'm trying to download the whole ppv but its 2gb. i did manage to find the henderson knockout.... that was viscious, lol. ive always liked henderson so its good to see hes still got it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts