Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all, I want to purchase a uca for my navara, someone knows the calmini uca?
And the differences between prg and calmini uca because there are a huge pirce diference..

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Is the calmini UCA's out? I would love to get them.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
No their isn't. Call Greg. He sells $500 Arms. $50 difference.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I would perfer the calmini UCA since they use a traditional ball joint.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have the PRG ones and i love them. though i can see the reason why one would want a traditional ball joint for extended road use

i degrease and re-grease my control arms and coilovers whenever i wash the truck so its not really a concern of mine :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
the PRG UCA are the ONLY units that are adjustable so it means you can actually get you alignment spot on

·
Registered
6 Posts
UCA's

The Total chaos UCA's eliminates the factory ball joint and incorporates a 1" Teflon lined uniball for maximum travel and strength. The alternative brands supply a smaller 7/8” uniball. TC also added caster in their design which will increase handling on and off road, and helps retain factory alignment specs when these aftermarket lifts are installed, but is recommended to add lower control arm alignment cams on vehicle models that are not equipped with these adjusters from the factory in order to maintain alignment specs.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The TC units dont however offer any Camber adjustment and not all Navara's have the camber pins so having the ability to adjust the camber via the UCA is a big help and the Heim Joints are strong yet cheap to replace.
All the UCA are good gear just some suit different situations better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have PRG's 2.5 radflos and I plan to install a 2" spacer above them. Will TC, PRG and Calmini UCA all still provide precise travel past the coil bucket with this additional lift?

I also thought the teflon balljoint would be better than traditional, even if not greaseable. Why isn't this true?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts