Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so this is kind of stupid, but just like to bring it up and see If you guys are the same. I kind of just thought about this today. A lot of times in my truck I listen to CDs like Metallica, Disturbed, etc. I listen to a lot of stuff including rock, rap, metal, classic rock, alternative, reggae, etc, etc, but it seems I always end up listening to harder rock in my truck and I think its why I drive a lot more offensive and aggressive hahaha, if you know what I mean. But today I popped in another one of my favorites, Bob Marley, and I realized that just listening to a more relaxing music like Bob Marley can really effect how I drive. Maybe this could be an MPG saver, hahaha!!!

So I know this is pretty stupid, but what the heck!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
there was a dieselboy set that sampled a bit from the Ghost In The Shell movie the track that came on after the sample, when that bass line dropped no roundabout was safe...damn i miss my altezza

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Rock def. makes me do some faster lane changes and quicker accelerations. I drive with my window down when I can though, so hearing the higher rpms makes me keep it slow.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I defiantly think there is some truth there, though I always tend to put in music that matches my current mood but I defiantly don't thing FATA helps me stay calm behind the wheel. Road rage however for me is entirely to blame on people who have a love affair with their break pedal. It should be a law that you learn to drive in a vehicle with a standard trans.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
People hate driving behind me since I have a standard. I coast as soon as I see the next light turn red. Sometimes I time it so well that I only have to brake when I'm the correct distance behind the guy already stopped :-D People behind me usually aren't that patient. They want to race to that red light.

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
It should be a law that you learn to drive in a vehicle with a standard trans.
Yes, agreed.

People hate driving behind me since I have a standard. I coast as soon as I see the next light turn red. Sometimes I time it so well that I only have to brake when I'm the correct distance behind the guy already stopped :-D People behind me usually aren't that patient. They want to race to that red light.
It's amazing that when YOU have the preference/responsibility of shifting when and where you want/need to you pay way more attention to the vehicles and road around you, and your speed in general.

And what is it with the run up your a$$ then brake and fade back, run up your a$$ then brake and fade back (repeat x amount of times) people?
Do they like getting new brakes every 20,000 miles or what?

Back on topic, yes if I'm jamming something heavy I seem to drive a bit more aggressively, I won't lie.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
It should be a law that you learn to drive in a vehicle with a standard trans.
I am always getting crap about Americans not knowing how to drive stick fro my clients. They told me in there country UK, New Zealand, south Africa etc you have 2 deferent DL once auto and one for manual If you take the test with a stick you can drive both manual and autos, but if you take the test with the auto you legally can't drive a stick.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am always getting crap about Americans not knowing how to drive stick fro my clients. They told me in there country UK, New Zealand, south Africa etc you have 2 deferent DL once auto and one for manual If you take the test with a stick you can drive both manual and autos, but if you take the test with the auto you legally can't drive a stick.
That actually makes sense, though I think if everyone had experience in a standard trans vehicle there may be a lot less of the rear end riding, break pedal slamming, what are these lines for I'm to busy talking on the phone and too cool for a blue tooth headset why are you honking at me and flipping me the bird madness that I have the pleasure of dealing with everyday. And that is when I like to listen to 187 and scream the lyrics “I want to kill you” at the top of my lungs drop it down a gear tack it up and cut someone off. Once again the music really does not help.:laugh: Just to clarify I'm not saying an auto trans is a bad thing but if your one of the drivers I mentioned above you'll realize how retarded you look to the rest of us when you actually have to pay attention to what your doing because your sifting gears.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
definitely true.

punk = agressive driving.
neil young = conservative driving.

·
Super Moderator
12,469 Posts
definitely true.

punk = agressive driving.
neil young = conservative driving.
Looking at roastbeefs avatar makes you ill and keeps you off the road making it safer in the end.
Listening to my kids music kills brain cells so after a short while the radio goes dead. It's absolutely mind numbing.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha. thats me in my truck too. mines a 5 speed and when im on the freeway in major traffic i just sit back in 2nd gear and some people dont like that. some will cut in front of you like there going somewhere, hahaha.

Also, my music never gives me road rage. its only the fricken stupid drivers that make me mad.

Funny story, last week me and my friend were driving at night and there was this old man in front of us with those bi-focal shades on, his visor down, and his reading light on. Mind you this was at night. I don't know what he was doing. My cb radio is fairly new and we still have fun messing with my PA. So this old guy was doing literally 15 mph on a 45mph two lane street. I was trapped behind him cause everyone else was flying by me on the left. So I flash my HIDs at him on high and my friend yells at him on the PA. And... he pulls over hahahaha. I think he thought we were cops pulling him over or something. After that I honestly felt pretty bad. It was funny though.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Like many others said a harder fast song will make the difference between 80 mph and 90 mph on the highway lol. It certainly doesn't induce any "rage" in me but I wanna speed up on an empty road no doubt. A little bit of Audioslave, Deadmau5 or even Tiesto and I'm flying!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.