Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I really don't know anything about all of this exccept what I want. I really would like to put two 10 inch subs under the rear seats in my Frontier. Can this be done? Right now I have to replace the sterio itself and all four speakers which came with the truck too. I 1. Dont know what to buy for any of this. 2. Can get the box specially made but I need to supply all the speakers, amp, new sterio, everything. 3. Will two 10" subs even fit under the rear seat or is one enough?? I don't know anything about this stuff at all. What do I need, will it fit??? HELP!! I love my Fronty and my music!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
:confused:I really don't know anything about all of this exccept what I want. I really would like to put two 10 inch subs under the rear seats in my Frontier. Can this be done? Right now I have to replace the sterio itself and all four speakers which came with the truck too. I 1. Dont know what to buy for any of this. 2. Can get the box specially made but I need to supply all the speakers, amp, new sterio, everything. 3. Will two 10" subs even fit under the rear seat or is one enough?? I don't know anything about this stuff at all. What do I need, will it fit??? HELP!! I love my Fronty and my music!!
I have two tens under the seat.NISSAN FRONTIER 05-07 DUAL 10" KICKER COMP SUB BOX NEW : eBay Motors (item 310214835138 end time May-19-10 18:32:23 PDT) . try that its exactly what I have, box and subs, and it sound amazing. Rattles everything when I turn it up loud enough. As for the rest of the system it all depends on how much your looking to spend and if you want everything amped or not. Obviously the subs have to be amped but as far as I've searched I havnt seen any five chanel amps that will fit under the seat so that you could amp everything. Hope this helps and hope others chime in with help as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Oh and a side note.... The listing on ebay says that its a Kicker C10, meaning its just a regular comp.... Thats bs becuase a regular comp wouldnt fit the box. If you go with this you will have to get the kicker CVT its a shallow mount sub but sounds the same as a regular sub. :noworries:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
got to love it when newbies respond to old threads they found while using the search feature! (kudos for that by the way!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
lol! i will sit on here for hours just looking at old posts seeing if i can provide input or help. also to see if theres answers to questions i have!! and love the way your truck looks bro! hopefully ill be lifted with 33s soon!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
lol, yep I've done the exact same thing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry to open up a really old thread.... Just bought a box for my CC that puts 2 10's under the rear seat... Got kicker 150rms 300peak subs... with the kicker mono 300rms 600peak amp to compliment them.

Install today..... STOKED

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the 2x10" Kicker box off ebay and it arrived yesterday. Don't like how the hard corners protrude beyond the seat cushions. May trim off the corners and fiberglass them in for a sleeker look. Adding new head unit & amps this weekend after all the parts trickle in.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've kind of been toying with the idea of making a a full fiberglass enclosure just because I am not a big fan of the shape of the MDF ones I've seen. Will probably still be a little while before I decide to make some headway on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my 07 CC I had a thunderform single 10" and Polk separates all the way around (8 total speakers). I ran everything off of my MTX 5-channel amp and it was FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I've kind of been toying with the idea of making a a full fiberglass enclosure just because I am not a big fan of the shape of the MDF ones I've seen. Will probably still be a little while before I decide to make some headway on it.
When Im done blowing money on other stuff my plan is to go the fiberglass route with two 10" Hertz shallow subs. JL has some new shallow subs out that look good but they are built for a sealed enclosure.

Sent from my SGH-M919

1 - 12 of 12 Posts