Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread title was to catch your attention. After seeing this video though...it got me thinking. Why go with a VG33ER when you can go electronic turbo on a VG33E instead? Or even on the KA. There's probably a way to trigger the e-turbo via RPM hopefully, otherwise I'd hate to press that button all the time.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Biggest issue with trying that on a VG33E/ER is that you would have to be able to find someone to tune the ECM, which is not programmable like the Gen 2 and requires a custom chip to be made and soldered to the board. JWT used to do that but I'm not sure if they still do? On Roadkill, they stuck a bunch of leaf blowers in the back of a car and ran a PVC tube through the middle of the vehicle into the engine compartment, to the engine.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reached out to JWT several months ago, they no longer flash our ECUs unfortunately. The only way to band-aid the fueling issue is to use an air fuel controller, however, you wouldn't have any control over timing. Otherwise, a standalone management system would have to be installed and some of these EMS aren't cost effective if you're throwing it on a street car with little modifications.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts