Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since there is no tuner currently available for the frontier i would like to encourage
everyone to contact a tuning company and see if we can get one made for our trucks.

i snooped around a few 350Z forums and found technosquare to be well respected.
they have recently finished one for the titan, so one for our trucks can't be a
stretch for them..

if they get enough requests it may speed up the development of a chip for the
frontier.

[email protected]

thanks guys

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just sent my email
thanks for the info

Here is some interesting info I got from their site.
Some of you might like their ecu duplication service.

FEATURES: for the 350Z

REV limiter modification
A 7100 RPM (stock 6600 RPM) rev limit is set to take advantage of top end horsepower.
The stock rev limit was set way too low. Some of you may be having the problem of hitting the fuel cut at hard acceleration. We found this very annoying as we increased power at the higher rpm range. Hitting the rev limiter too often, could actually damage the engine since it is achieved by cutting fuel. By adding an extra 500 rpm, we can avoid hitting the rev limiter while protecting the motor.

Speed Limiter Removal
The speed limiter is removed. The stock limiter was set at 250Km/h (156 MPH), so for all practical purposes, we could have left it alone. But we decided to remove it, just in case someone feels the need to go beyond that.

Ignition Timing Map Adjusted
There wasn’t much room for improvement at the bottom end since the ECU retards a lot of timing by using a feed back system in stock trim. So, we have added more timing at the higher end to take additional advantage of higher-octane gasoline. This aids in improving torque from 3000 rpm and up.

Fuel Map Adjusted
Stock fuel was set to detune the top end horsepower. We discovered that the car runs extremely rich after 5000 rpm. Air to Fuel ratio (A/F) of 10.5 was found right before the stock rev limiter kicks in. Cleary, Nissan was trying to detune the power output at higher rpm to discourage the driver from hitting the rev limiter. For the performance enthusiasts, however, this is unsatisfactory, so we set the A/F to 12.5 all the way to redline to provide adequate power gain while still maintaining a safe margin.

Adding to above modifications, a few other adjustments were made to other maps to enhance the feedback function which improves power, torque and drivability. The resulting achievement is a remarkable improvement in driving feel, which is more than what numbers alone can tell you. We are very satisfied with the results and are proud to release our TECHNOS ECU for this tuning-challenged ECU, blowing the lid off what was thought to be an automobile already running pretty near its maximum capability.

Our testing was done with a stock Track Model 350Z.
Gains: 10+ HP, and 8~9 ft-lbs from 3000rpm

Changed air intake system
One of the major problems on this car was a feedback system that compensates for modifications. The oxygen sensors detects fuel mixture and will tell the ECU to richen up or lean out the mixture. This correction factor was way too wide, so some performance components upgrades (intake, exhaust) would actually result in a loss of HP below stock!
We adjusted the correction factor to reduce that compensation reaction. Our tests showed consistent power and torque improvement following installation of an intake system.
We will be conducting additional testing on various intake and exhaust systems for the compatibility of our ECU. Although we anticipate a dramatic improvement per component upgrades, some may require custom tuning to take full advantage of their performance.

More testing results coming soon!

ECU DUPLICATION SERVICE

If you are tuner or performance enthusiast with a need to have a spare ECU for tuning work or to avoid warranty complications, we can help you. We can duplicate your ECU stock data and immobilizer information to another ECU (brand new or even one from junkyard). Call us for more details!

CUSTOM TUNING SERVICE
If you are tuning shop, performance product manufacturer, or a hardcore enthusiast, we can develop a custom program to suit your individual needs. Consultation on development and prototyping of custom parts are also available. Call us for more details!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Techno square programmed my 350z and its crazy how much more power there is. If they did that to the fronty, I bet we could be running from stock to about 320hp at the crank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you are serious about playing around with the fuel mixture, perhaps try and adapt a Apex S-AFC to the truck.

·
Registered
902 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Email sent:

This is the reply I got back:

We don't have a plan for Frontier yet.
Sales
Technosquare, Inc.

Hi There,
I was wondering if you guys made a tuner for a 2005 Nissan Frontier.
I see you have recently finished one for the Nissan Titan.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I just got my reply from technosquare, and here is what they said:

We don't have any plan right now.
When we checked with Nissan, there were so many ECU part number for
Frontier, so we didn't want to invest time and cost since we didn't know
if we will make enough sales to justify it.

Sales

Technosquare, Inc

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
thats too bad since i'm pretty sure a lot of frontier owners would be willing to do this.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
They haven't ruled it out though b/c they said the same thing with the titan. I think it just might be a longer wait.

·
Registered
368 Posts
gfronty05 said:
I just got my reply from technosquare, and here is what they said:

We don't have any plan right now.
When we checked with Nissan, there were so many ECU part number for
Frontier, so we didn't want to invest time and cost since we didn't know
if we will make enough sales to justify it.

Sales

Technosquare, Inc
i am confused. Why wou there be multiple ECU chips for what is basically the same mechanical engine across SE, LE and NISMO?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Probably because ECU's these days handle multiple functions, i.e. transmission shifts (which wouldn't apply to the 6 speed), ABS/ABLS functions on trucks with differing axle ratios, 2WD /4WD issues, VDC/Locking rear axle/Hill Assist/etc. These trucks can come with any combination of these options, and probably each one has an ECU tuned for it's specific application!

I know when I had my Ford there were hundreds of ECU codes associated with various combinations of options, but SuperChips invested the time and R&D into plotting each combination to give maximize the benefits from each unique ECU, and they were the Programer of choice in the Ford Truck Community because of it! I bet if Technosquare invested in the R&D, the sales would surely surpass the cost of development once their product hit the market! Think about it, the parts are cheap, it's the research and programing that cost them, so any sales after the initial up front investment equates to pure profit after sales equal the initial outlay!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Binford said:
i am confused. Why wou there be multiple ECU chips for what is basically the same mechanical engine across SE, LE and NISMO?
You guys need to stop saying ECU chips. The chips are all the same yes. They are just little flash EPROMS that hold the code for the ECU. They are not removeable and are only reprogramable through a reflash. The thing is that Nissan is constantly changing and updating the code in the ECU throughout the years and even multiple times in a single model year. It was the same thing with the 350Z where at first they could only flash 2003 models and then it was 2004 models and then the infamous 2004.5 models and so on. If they flash a truck with a different codebase and change things they aren't supposed to then it could have serious consequences which is why for them to offer a ECU reflash service they need to have access to all the possible codebases which is expensive and time consuming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.