Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some NGK iridium plugs, for my 06 2.5L eng. Is it necessary to replace the intake gaskets too, or can they be reused? Dealer wants 25.00 a port, x's 4 = 100.00 for the intake gaskets.

·
Super Moderator
20,352 Posts
I didn't read in the service manual where it said to replace them. I would replace them if it were my engine. Better safe than sorry. If you have a leak from just one cylinder, you will have to do the removal again.

·
Registered
250 Posts
After local sales tax it would be about $107 for the gaskets at your dealer. Fontana Nissan (I think they're still a site sponsor) has them for about $93 ($20.94 each + $9.50 shipping). My one experience with Fontana is that it took 6-7 business days from placing the order until it arrived (CA to TX). Maybe another day to FL. 7-8 days to save $14. It's an option.

Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't read in the service manual where it said to replace them. I would replace them if it were my engine. Better safe than sorry. If you have a leak from just one cylinder, you will have to do the removal again.
I hear ya, I'm gonna play it safe. I've got to see if I can find a set of gaskets in the aftermarket. Who would have guessed it would be this expensive just to change spark plugs.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After local sales tax it would be about $107 for the gaskets at your dealer. Fontana Nissan (I think they're still a site sponsor) has them for about $93 ($20.94 each + $9.50 shipping). My one experience with Fontana is that it took 6-7 business days from placing the order until it arrived (CA to TX). Maybe another day to FL. 7-8 days to save $14. It's an option.

Nissan Performance Aftermarket Parts | Nismo | Nissan Racing Parts
Thank's for the thought. I've dealt with them in the past. They always beat the local dealers in price, even with shipping.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you reuse the old ones (change not specified by Nissan) what do you loose. What makes you think new ones would be less likely to leak?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If you reuse the old ones (change not specified by Nissan) what do you loose. What makes you think new ones would be less likely to leak?
Actually Poppop, Zero Six is correct. the gaskets will be flattened out, and less likely to seal correctly. Think of it, it is past the air filter hsg, if the intake pulls in unfiltered dirt, etc... why even have an air filter. Not to mention loss of manifold pressure and likely affecting performance. A good rule of thumb is to replace any disturbed gasket. I just can't believe the cost. Out of 5 parts houses I called for an aftermarket replacement gasket set, they all said the gaskets are not available at this time. Unbelieveable!

WOW! Drive much? :)
Twice on Sunday's! LOL! The reason for my high mileage is that I'm a Union Rep. Sometimes my work takes me out of state, but most times I'm all over in state.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.