Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an '03 crew cab 4x4 with a non-s/c 3.3l and a 5 speed....
I would really appreciate any advise on what tune up essentials (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) might give me a boost in performance or at least mpg. I'm also looking into a cold air intake, throttle body spacer and exhaust if anyone has some insight I would be greatful.
It has 68,000 miles and is in great shape with the exception of a few places where the paint is peeling.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
it would deff give you better MPG's. and will give you more HP. its not that hard just be patient with it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking for brand/product specific information. You see, I had a 96 ford ranger w/4cyl and an automatic that I always used bosch platinum +4 plugs and motorcraft wires and a k&n replacement filter and was content with the performance. All vehicles are different so I wanted to know what people are getting positive results from.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Don't use anything other than NGK spark plugs for the frontier.

·
Registered
770 Posts
we should get a group buy for the volant cold air intakes... i must have emailed tons of different suppliers but got nothing back - bastards...

·
Registered
70 Posts
i use bosh platnum plugs too. any one used those E3 pulgs? im gonna try them on my next tune up. they claim to get better gas millage?

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
NKG for plugs and wires, stay away from a TB spacer they are just paper weights

1 - 8 of 8 Posts