rms: 450
Minimum Sealed Box Volume 0.33 cubic feet
Maximum Sealed Box Volume 0.75 cubic feet
Top Mount Depth 4-3/4"
Cutout Diameter 7-1/4" x 7-1/4"
outer dimensions 8-13/16 x 8-13/16

First off i want it to go under the back seat
Next should i make it downfire or face them up

If i do it up i guess i could start making the box like this http://chimchim.net/rav4/how/fiber.htm

or if i did it down i would put board on top and bottom and sides where i could and try to round the edges
i would like to get a little bit over 1 cu ft of space together

What yall think again give me feedback good or bad just trying to feel it out never done anything like this before

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump i posted during a slow time maybe i can get some feedback this time

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
instead of creating a new thread i got one more question where did everybody mount their ground wire to off the amp they installed

also give me feedback/suggestions at what is above i would appreciate

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have my ground wire mounted to the seat mount. Its not the best or ideal place for it, but i did it in a hurry, and its working good enough for me.

As far as the box design goes are you looking to take up the entire space where the bins are or just the big one? Another note, from what ive been told downfire subs give a better sound, but i personally have to up firing kicker comp 10's and they get the job done.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both sides i dont use the storage anyways i got a toolbox in the back

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
i got the same subs, and mine are upfiring. i didnt make my box and they actually ended up being a little taller than i'd like (the sub used to hit the top of the seat. but i have made corrections now and they are good.

i like the way you plan on starting your box, but make sure you get the angle and height of the bottom of the seat so it doesnt hit the sub if you are going the facing up route.

by the way what amp will u be using? i am currently using a zx300.1 and it is nowhere near capable...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Id try an make them down firing. there was someone on here selling a box that had 4 eights i believe that looked pretty bad @$$
ya they were jl audio subs he wanted like 300 just for the box or something i see if i can find it just so i can take a look at it

carphreak can you post pics of your setup so i can try to get an idea of which way i wanna go

i am thinking about 2 subs so that is 450 watts rms x2
with kicker l7 8" dual 4
Product Details - QCA2000D
QUANTUM AUDIO COZMIK SERIES
Continuous Power at 1ohm (Mono) 801-1000
which i can get for $159.95 Shipped
just dont know about it going up to 1000 i heard that kickers cant take to much extra power sent to them

or
With kicker l7 8 Dual 2
Kenwood KAC-9104D
rms 2 ohms: 900 watts x 1 chan.
$179.99 before shipping

gonna try to get a couple of boxes from work tomorrow set them up to see what way i can get the most cubic feet

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
well after i got my subs i wondered around the kicker website and ended up emailing tech support. the guy recommended that if i have 2 8 inch 2ohm subs connected to the zx1000.1 amp. however i tihnk that 1000 watts is too much for 2 8 inch subs so my local stereo shop suggested maybe a 750- 800 watt amp. budget is tight right now but when i get the funds i plan on getting the next best thing to a 1000 watt kicker amp....

i will take pics tomorrow...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks for the help will look forward to seeing your pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts