Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've done a ton of reading on this board about the various lift's people have been using and I realize that PRG and ReadyLift are probably the most popular. However, one place I've found will only install a Truxxx Lift on my Frontier. I haven't come across anyone else using that lift on this site so I'm wondering if anyone has any pro's/con's regarding this lift?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
its spacers and blocks plain and simple.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It is a spacer lift for the front that will tend to cause coil bucket contact issues, the rear part of it is normal as with other lifts, I would try to stay away from spacer lifts to avoid the contact problems. Depending on how much lift you are looking for there are other alternatives that range from very affordable to very expensive. Adjustable bilsteins for the front give 2" of lift with your factory springs, more if you go with different springs. No coil bucket contact and a decent ride and relatively inexpensive! For the rear you can use blocks, shackles, or aal's.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Truxxx is welded crap. You need billet if you are going for spacers. Three letters: PRG The ONLY Way to go. You will NEVER find a better product or a better value!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Obviously Domo or those "others" have never broken one!

Welded ones can break, if you are going off road at all. If you are just getting it for show, should be fine. If you are going to use it on the other hand... You cannot break a billet spacer.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Obviously Domo or those "others" have never broken one!

Welded ones can break, if you are going off road at all. If you are just getting it for show, should be fine. If you are going to use it on the other hand... You cannot break a billet spacer.
Nope, definitely haven't broken a spacer. Then again if I was serious about offroading I most likely wouldn't be running a spacer anyway.

·
Registered
637 Posts
ALSO*** You do NOT want to run blocks, Most Horse sh*t way of doing things there is. Screws up your performance, Increases Wheel hop and the likely hood of axle wrap and puts strain on your transmission.

Best route for the money, a Deaver spring pack to replace the overload spring, PRG has them for $149 delivered.

Nope, definitely haven't broken a spacer. Then again if I was serious about offroading I most likely wouldn't be running a spacer anyway.
Yea, but that was not the question. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
ALSO*** You do NOT want to run blocks, Most Horse sh*t way of doing things there is. Screws up your performance, Increases Wheel hop and the likely hood of axle wrap and puts strain on your transmission.

Best route for the money, a Deaver spring pack to replace the overload spring, PRG has them for $149 delivered.
I concur with this. If doing the AAL you might as well get new rear shocks too.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
You basically have 2 different types of spacer lifts. You have the solid billet PRG ones that are basically bullet proof so you don't have to worry about anything failing. The other is a off-brand welded spacer. These have been used by numerous members and nobody has had one break on them. The only issue with them is that the welds can end up rusting and that will compromise the integrity of the spacer and your front suspension.

If you are going for a quick simple lift and are willing to keep an eye on the spacers for rust, then an off-brand can work. If you want a spacer that you know will never need any maintance or worrying, then PRG is the way to go.

Side Note: Since the topic of rear lift has been added I will say this. Blocks are crap. they are quick and dirty in the way they provide the lift but there are some drawbacks for them. To do it correctly, use a set of AALs. If you need more flex, add some shackles. If you need more, get a custom pack made for your applications.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Myself and a few others had a Truxx lift... Moved on and up!
The spacers hava "bumper" on the mount that'll dampen CB contact so you don't get the clunk noise. Check the FS section for spacer lifts, guys tend to change up after a while.

g/l.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts