Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel ok with the installation of my new TruXport. But i have a few questions for other owners that installed their TruXport themselves.

The clamps. I feel like they aren't on correctly, like they aren't really clamping right. They are on tight but...something doesn't feel right about it.

Also how do you guys move your bed divider? The knobs get stuck right at the clamps.

I'll take some pics over the weekend and post them. i like how it looks, nice and tight, etc... but for some reason i feel like its not on the way its supposed to be? The frame is not going anywhere but...i don't know the clamps bother me. I had to keep fooling with them, that's what took the longest.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
take pics but i think your clamps are not in the "holes" in the bed lip. run your fingers under the bed lip and you should come across a few of these holes where the clamps should be going into to make it a tighter fit. they are just big enough to fit a clamp, but impossible to see cuz of the utilitrak.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pics would help, but I am also thinking you might not have the clamps lined up quite right. On mine, with the upper lip of the clamp tight in the grooves on the mounting rail, the bottom is somewhat tilted in under the bed rail which gave me the clearance to operate the bed extender without interference and also sucked the mounting rail down tight. I also only used 2 clamps per side (within 6" to the front and the tailgate) since our beds are so short. I figure if they use 3 clamps per side on an 8 ft bed, 2 per side on a 5 foot bed should be plenty. Mine hasn't moved a bit with it done that way.

·
Registered
323 Posts
As long as the teeth are in the grooves of the tunneau rails and the clamp is perpendicular to the bed they should be fine, assuming that you tightened them down sufficiently. Not to thread jack but on another note, what did you do with the piece of weather stripping they sent with the kit? I still have mine but don't know where to put it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put mine under the front rail. The bed header cap was loose and warped on mine, so I removed it and used the weatherstripping there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I haven't had a chance to take pics because its raining and dark...

but #1 I did not put those clamps in those holes, i avoided them!? so I did the opposite.

i actually went on a road trip today. Highway speeds and in a downpour. It stayed on (haha) and my MPG monitor actually went up by 3MPGs but we'll see if that stays. It flaps a tiny bit and it does not bother me at all.

but what bothers me is there is a small gap on the drivers side of the tailgate where there is a space. so i think i might need to adjust it a tad. i mean it looks real good but being an anal person i feel like something is a tad off and i want to adjust it.

i'll try to get pics up by tomorrow night for all to see...thanks guys!

also how does yours hold up in rain? I've noticed that when parked the water pools to the center. also water leaks in at the front. I even put that weather stripping on...it doesn't really matter to me as long as the majority of the bed is dry but...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics For Analysis! First 5

ok here are some pics. its downpouring today so it was tough getting good pics but here goes. as you will see water is leaking from the front. i wonder if yours does also? or maybe its the weather stripping, i should buy some more and see what i can do to make it more seal tight. let me know what you guys think. here are the first 5

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Those look exactly like mine. Pretty sure they are correct.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More pics, how about the logo? Does it not line up on yours? Doesn't really bother me but...

sorry for the rainy shots, its a rainy day today!!!! and I think I put that weather stripping (cab seal) in the wrong position. maybe that's why i'm getting a bit of water in the bed. I'll have to buy some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you are getting water in at the cab end of the bed....
I bought some closed cell foam from Home Depot with adhesive already on it. Placed a strip on the inside of the bed, extends just slightly above the top of the header panel. When the foam on the cover is installed it sits down on top of this foam piece. Seems to always be dry. I think the header is actually too close to the cab for the cover design. I haven't had a problem is about a years installed time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts