Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone have any experience with this tonneau cover? Specifically, does in interfere with the bed extender .... if so equipped? I have read only one review that does state that it will work but I would like more confirmation if possible! I, just yesterday, took my cap off for the first time since I have owned the truck .... new look takes some getting used to! I think the lack of cap will suit my needs better but I still want a cover I can use that allows easier access to the entire bed ... mainly for kayaks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the TruXport and a 2013 with the utilitrack rails and the bed extender. No problems to report, they coexist nicely. I had my cover professionally installed. Of course you have to roll back the cover part way to flip the extender. But like I said no issues and I do like my Truxport rollup cover. I've had it for two years with no issues. I do put some 303 protectant on it from time to time to keep it looking nice. BTW I have the CC with the LWB but I don't see how that would make a difference. Good luck.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have a Truxedo LoPro & so far like every thing about it (unlike the ARE topper I had on my last truck). The lopro doesn’t leak or let water in (unlike, well... you know...).

It does not interfere with using the bed extender, and operates/latches/seals without having to remove/mod the tailgate “spoiler”.

It’s nice & tight & makes no noise while driving. I’d buy another in a heartbeat. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
+3 here, my 2014 came used and has a Truxedo on it, great cover, no issues so far and is a solid, water-tite performer. I think I recall once after passing through a basic Maryland typhoon at speed that there was a little water in the bed but I've never had any damp with normal rains or usage. They are a bit pricey though, so I'm very glad mine came already installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI All, I did end up going with the TruXport and it is great!! Perfect fit, water tight, no interference with anything else and super easy to install and use!! I definitely recommend this for anyone looking!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Same thing with my Extang Tri Fold. You have to flip up the end panel to use the extender. Extang also comes with an adaptor for the front latch so you can use the rack system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts