Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
do you be leave this. i never meet a Frontier i didnt like. i bought my Frontier in spring 2018. its a 2016 V6 auto . i started reading all i could about them. at first i thought that the person worked for Nissan. cause all i read NEVER had anything bad to say about Frontiers. iam hoping this will be the last truck ill ever have to buy. i do think that will happen.

what I mean to say is that I would love to trade in my 2005 Nismo with 6 speed manual for another Crew Cab manual but they are very hard to find at a decent price. there are tons of automatics out there in all trim levels but not the manual transmission.
You can have a dealer look for one try Carmax they are a little more but will actually look for a manual and even ship it for free if it is close enough

I did this with my 2016 Pro4x I was originally looking for a Tacoma and was about to have one shipped from Colorado because that was the only Manual I found until the Dealer asked that magical question

Is there any other Truck you like besides Toyota I instantly thought about my old 2001 King Cab 5 speed manual and the guy goes it's a frontier and it was perfect so yeah I believe in Miracles now ::grin::

great simple trucks + port injection is a plus NO carbon issues, as is no cylinder deactivation or other junk. everything today is way OVERPRICED + 4WD pickups are the worse + preowned ones, the only ones i could afford are as well. i love my 2011 SV 4WD extended cab + MANUAL 6 speed tranny, average 19 mpg's which is as good as my anemic 4 banger 08 colorado it replaced!!

new trucks are a house payment these days. my truck payment is more than my house payment and i didn't even buy an expensive truck. mine was $29k. payment is $433 a month. my house payment is $400 a month.

Its a good truck, especially for the money. Another feature that was not mentioned is that the Frontier is honest about being a truck. It drives and feels like a truck. Most of its competitors strive to be as car like as possible. It is not harsh or uncomfortable at all but it does feel like a truck. I like that, I am sure a lot of people do as well.
When I bought my Frontier, I was looking for an SUV. But SUV's, except for Jeep Wranglers and 4runners, are not really SUV's any more. They are all-wheel drive station wagons with very modest off-road capability. The saleswoman suggested a Frontier. When I started test-driving it, my first words were, "This thing drives like a truck. That's not a bad thing.". The Frontier is a truck, but it's a very civilized truck. It drives a lot like the old IH Scout II's I drove a couple of decades ago, but behaves much better, and isn't all rusted out (not yet, anyway).

I found that Frontier article while I was searching for a new truck a few weeks ago and after comparing the Tacoma and Frontier I picked the Frontier for many of the reasons the writer listed.

Initially, I was all excited about the new Ford Ranger - that is until I learned they only offer an automatic transmission. Then I was back to Tacoma or Frontier and while my previous truck was a 2003 Frontier (CC, LB, 5-speed) I expected to be driving my new Tacoma today. But after driving them both it was an easy decision to go with the highly competent, less expensive, high-torque, reliable solid Frontier. I agree with others who touted the simplicity and reliability of a well-sorted design.

For me it absolutely had to be a manual transmission. I have three vehicles and they all have a clutch; sure, stop and go traffic sucks, but overall I like being a participatory driver. Plus it's a ton of fun with the V6 torque! I talked to six dealerships around me and no one had a PRO-4X manual in stock - they all had to get it from their "extended inventory" which I'm guessing was probably the same truck I ended up with.

I've had it for just over one month and couldn't be happier with my choice.

I concur, PaulM...our 6-sp matches up well w/ our VQ40 V6. >:D

Not too many good used Frontier King Cab SVs with a 4cylinder engine around. I found a low mileage 2013 one in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma a year ago. I LOVE IT! I drove a 2001 Ford Ranger for 16 years (I sold it to a guy who is customizing it). I prefer the Frontier for my old bones. 150,000 miles on the Ranger, 78,000 on Frontier.

Not too many good used Frontier King Cab SVs with a 4cylinder engine around. I found a low mileage 2013 one in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma a year ago. I LOVE IT! I drove a 2001 Ford Ranger for 16 years (I sold it to a guy who is customizing it). I prefer the Frontier for my old bones. 150,000 miles on the Ranger, 78,000 on Frontier.
Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of your Frontier. My old bones like my '06 also .. very comfortable and not a rattle in 'er ... ( the truck that is ). :ROFLMAO:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.