Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Frontier 2.4L that has about 252,000 miles on it that I have owned since new. I ran to the store and when I came out the truck won't crank. Did not have any symptoms prior. I removed the starter and it checked good out of the vehicle. I checked the starter relay, it also checked good but I replaced it anyway. Battery is good, all lights, gauges, horn etc work fine but vehicle does not even try to turn starter when key is turned. I also checked all the fuses and verified ground; does anyone have any other ideas of what I can try before dragging it to the shop?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
If it is a manual transmission look at the clutch pedal and make sure that the plastic insert that pushes on the interlock switch is ok; many crack and break. Buy a new one or replace with a bolt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the Park/Neutral switch on the side of the transmission right at the linkage. I'm having a little trouble trying to find where the wire runs to; going to have to try again after it cools off a little outside.
I did check the battery and tried to jump start also but not the battery.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe there is also a relay for the interlock switch. Which I think maybe located in the fuse box next to where the battery is. If the switch checks out okay, you may want check to see if the relay is faulty. If the switch turns out to be faulty and you are unable to find a replacement nearby, you can jump the switch temporarily with a paperclip or other such thing by pulling the connector off the switch and inserting the clip or whatever into the connector making sure both wires are being jumped. You don't need to worry about shorting to ground since the switch is a ground connection and has no power lead. If the switch only has one wire connected to it than it's a simple matter of connecting the wire to ground somehow.
P.S. Be sure to also check for a blown fuse in fuse box under the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Frontier 2.4L that has about 252,000 miles on it that I have owned since new. I ran to the store and when I came out the truck won't crank. Did not have any symptoms prior. I removed the starter and it checked good out of the vehicle. I checked the starter relay, it also checked good but I replaced it anyway. Battery is good, all lights, gauges, horn etc work fine but vehicle does not even try to turn starter when key is turned. I also checked all the fuses and verified ground; does anyone have any other ideas of what I can try before dragging it to the shop?
im having this same problem have u figure out the issue

·
Registered
322 Posts
You folks need to keep an eye on the dates of these threads.
You're responding to issues that were posted 8 years ago.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You folks need to keep an eye on the dates of these threads.
You're responding to issues that were posted 8 years ago.
We get frustrated if folks don’t use the search features, and when they do, we get frustrated because it resurrects ancient threads. LOL

And it doesn’t mean the issue isn’t still relative, but it’s funny as phuq when someone asks a question to the OP in a 10 year old thread.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts