Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went for some mild wheeling today, when i got hung up on a stump. Well after about 30 min of trying to get off of it (using winch) my speedometer, tachometer, and temperature gauge quit working. Well after trying to get off for another 30 min i turned the truck off then when trying to start it back NOTHING!! first thought was i ripped a wire out from underneath, but cannot see anything out of ordinary , so then i check my fuses and all look good. Also the way headlights are very dim so are gauge lights, but everything seems to work except my gauges (windshield wipers,radio etc). When i go to start it the starter doesnt even click but the truck will roll start. Will work on truck in the morning but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what to check. thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah underneath about midways, i looked but didnt see any wires that could have got snagged but i also didnt look very long cause it got dark.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if the battery was drained the starter would atleast try to engage, but i will check that you never know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just put in a New battery and still nothing, got windshield wipers, lights, horn etc. but no start not even a click!.!.:thatswck: Checked all main fuses and they look good too. Is there a way to check the big fuses with a meter? thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Take the starter out and try to jump it with jumper cables and see if it moves.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take the starter out and try to jump it with jumper cables and see if it moves.
Thats alot easier said then done when its 30 degrees outside haha. But i Will try that if its my last resort. I just changed that starter about a month ago and talkin about a pain in the a$$

·
Registered
939 Posts
i'd be wondering about the neutral safety switch.

aslo i imagine there is an engine/starter fuse or relay somewhere, but i have no clue

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'd be wondering about the neutral safety switch.

aslo i imagine there is an engine/starter fuse or relay somewhere, but i have no clue
I think that is my problem there is a fusible link between the starter and battery. Also only half of my fuse box in my dash is working, thats what points me to thinking the fusible link, which could have easily been fried by the winch. So if anyone has experience doing this let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep sure sounds like its related with the starter.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well thanks all for adding input but the truck is fixed now but i cant tell you what was wrong with it too embarrassing. haha thanks:laugh:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Well thanks all for adding input but the truck is fixed now but i cant tell you what was wrong with it too embarrassing. haha thanks:laugh:
Did you forget to turn the key?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alrite alrite it was just a fuse. haha go ahead laugh but i swear i checked them and they all looked good i changed it and bam fired right up!!!! BUT im glad that was all it was than somethin major so go ahead get ur laugh. haha i did:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts