Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 2007 Crew Cab 4WD with a 2" PRG Mini Lift and 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains. The lift is about 2 years old, had it since 20k along with the tires, and am currently at 51k. Probably over the past 10k miles the truck has gotten louder and louder. The tire noise I dont mind at all but at highway speeds its almost unbearable to drive with the windows open, the issue is 2 different things:

1) When going around corners or when going around circles to get onto or off the highway for example, the truck is so loud you cant really talk to the other person and it vibrates a lot. Like the whole truck vibrates, its pretty bad.

2) When slowing down, usually around 15-20mph the truck again vibrates pretty bad even when going in a straight line. Ive become used to it but having other people in the truck really emphasizes the issue.

I haven't had a chance to bring it to the dealership or any place else yet, just looking for some ideas on what might cause this. I am assuming it is related to lift somehow, but who knows. Thanks!

·
Registered
503 Posts
tires too big for that lift? just a guess... under a load the tires are rubbing a little somewhere?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tires too big for that lift? just a guess... under a load the tires are rubbing a little somewhere?
I dont think so, they were fine when they were brand new.

I dont see any rubbing, I still need to jack the truck up and take the tire off though. That wouldnt make any sense for driving in a straight line though

·
Registered
503 Posts
That wouldnt make any sense for driving in a straight line though
does your truck squat a little in front while slowing down? mine does. just giving guesses. maybe suspension is settling. and now the tires that barely fit are just a tad too big causing rubbing/vibration when cornering/slowing down.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does your truck squat a little in front while slowing down? mine does. just giving guesses. maybe suspension is settling. and now the tires that barely fit are just a tad too big causing rubbing/vibration when cornering/slowing down.
I doubled checked and its even while driving at speed. As long as stay around 15-17mph it will vibrate the truck. Its like riding around in a vibrating bed, its not as novel as it sounds :thatswck:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts