Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X Long Term Report 3 of 4

It makes some valid points that we agree with about the engines in Toyota and GM midsize trucks. I hope Nissan reads this and agrees we need a new truck engine, not a car engine, when they finally revise the Frontier.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That review pretty much nailed why I went for a long in the tooth ten year old design, the Frontier over the other contenders. Better engine, more bang for the buck, more truck like, better visibility, better size and they forgot the better brakes.

Oh ya, spot on regarding the back seats, kid friendly only.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Its as-tested price of $33,240 strikes us as a great bargain too, especially in a world where a similarly equipped Colorado or Tacoma would cost $36,000 or more.
Yeh, good luck actually buying a Taco or Colo for just $3K more than a comparable Fronty...

In the real world - where dealers don't give a sh*t about MSRP - You're probably looking at a price difference closer to $6-7K.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeh, good luck actually buying a Taco or Colo for just $3K more than a comparable Fronty...

In the real world - where dealers don't give a sh*t about MSRP - You're probably looking at a price difference closer to $6-7K.
My local dealer has had a few LT trim level Colorado's advertised at just over $35K so they can be had. But in the real world, the most expensive possible Frontier configuration still comes out less expensive than the cheapest Colorado I've seen. But back in 2013 my SV v6 4x4 auto with VTP was $27K and i think I could probably buy a 2016 for the same price. Option wise, mine compares favorably to that $35K Colorado. OK, they are new and shiny and I really wanted to like them...and sort of do. But If I were buying today, I'd still go with the Frontier because of the engine and the price and the fact that even at the lower price it does everything I need it to do.

Finally, most of the complaints in the story had to do with interior room, particularly in back. But I'm only 5'8" and my wife is only 5'1" and my mother in law is only 5'. So when traveling in a group we just put the ladies in the back and they have plenty of room :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Frontier is definitely a better value than the Tacoma or Colorado. For what I paid for my V-6 CC SV w/moonroof and value packages, I could have gotten a 4-cyl regular/extended cab Colorado or Tacoma with minimal options. Looks like the Frontier still holds its value pretty well too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts