Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just brought home my son last night, very excited!. Only to find out today, that with his car seat in the middle (the kind that has a base and clicks in the stroller and the car), the stroller fits no where but the bed! Kind of upset. I guess I have to get a topper or something, any one else have this problem? Can't really afford a bigger truck...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Congratulations! i have three boys myself.

did you try folding up the rear seat behind the driver AND remove the storage bin. i can fit our stroller in that space like that with no problem. can also remove the rear headrest if you need even more space.

i took out both my bins and keep my jack under the seat since i have a child seat in back as well.

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
can you not put the baby seat behind one of the seats? there is little evidence that the middle is in fact the safest place to locate a baby seat.

i use a canopy myself, keeps all the little guys stuff dry.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
can you not put the baby seat behind one of the seats? there is little evidence that the middle is in fact the safest place to locate a baby seat.
Safest Spot for Baby's Car Seat?

although its more convenient to have the child seat behind the passenger, since the truck has a LATCH tether in the rear center position, we've always kept the infant seat in the middle. plus now our youngest is 3 so he has more leg room too.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hey thanks man, some times it just takes an outsider, hard to think straight right now after just coming home from hospital. It fits like that, but man it is tight.

·
Registered
602 Posts
congrats on the baby,, and good thing it fits now ya dont have to buy a cover

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
Safest Spot for Baby's Car Seat?

although its more convenient to have the child seat behind the passenger, since the truck has a LATCH tether in the rear center position, we've always kept the infant seat in the middle. plus now our youngest is 3 so he has more leg room too.
well, researchers will argue back and forth. i asked the biggest RCMP traffic division the same question, and they told me from what they have seen, there is little difference. it really matters how well its buckled into the vehicle. seeing as how rear facing baby seats are the hardest to make tight via the latches or belts, they actually recommended me putting it behind the seat so the seat doesnt fly out the window (hypotheticaly). every accident is different, though. six of one and half a dozen of another.

·
Registered
176 Posts
CONGRATS on the baby.

Dont feel bad. We bought that same exact stroller and car seat when my son was born last June. It was a tight fit in my wife's car(Mazda 6). She had to put her seat forward a good 4-5 inches just to get it to fit.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Congrats on the baby. Hope you remember what sleep was like.......lol
May he always make you as proud as you are today.

Clint

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
congrats man.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats on the baby. I was in a similar situation 8 months ago when my son was born, except I have the king cab. She kept the stroller for the travel system in her car since there was no way the 3 of us were now going to fit in my truck. I just used a regular infant carrier with base in the passengers side jump seat. If I needed a stroller I just used the small umbrella type. Its still a tight fit in her car, toyota Yaris, but we manage. We have now ditched the infant carrier for a rear facing toddler seat. The one in her car is nicer, but is bigger and takes up almost as much room as the infant carrier. But the one I picked out for my truck is much smaller/lighter and gives me more room in the front, but still not enough to use the front seat. Its amazing how something that small still manages to take up so much room. Not only in the truck, but in the house.... There are toys and swings and jumpers every where. But definitely worth it.

Dan

·
Registered
431 Posts
congratulations... glad it fit but i'd get some sort of lid or camper for the bed if you can because that stroller is only the beginning of the crap you'll be hauling around soon enough. i love my girls (1&3) but man they have a lot of bright bulky plastic crap.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
... and before you know it, they're out of the baby seat and in a booster seat and everyone has plenty of room.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats on the little guy!:crib:

I'm glad i came across this thread. I'm going shopping for a car seat/stroller on tuesday with this new knowledge in mind! My wife is due on Halloween with our first. I have a king cab, but i'm lucky to have a Bakflip cover on the box so i can put the stroller and stuff back there with no problems. I look forward to taking my son off roading when he's big enough (oh... say 6 months or so.....lol)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good to see the seat fits. Just remember to keep telling the wife " It'll fit trust me......., we are NOT getting a minivan!"

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Congrats I have two little boys myself. When the youngest was born he sat behind the passenger seat and the oldest behind the drivers seat. It was tight especially with those infant seats. It will be much better when they can sit facing forward in the normal style car seats. I do have a canopy though, I got it because not only do you have the stroller, but you will have all the other crap that goes along with a baby.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts