Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in a parking lot yesterday, and nearly got backed into. I was waiting for a parking spot to open up, and this idiot in a white suburban decided to back out. I didn't see him, but my wife (passenger seat) did, and started screaming. I blipped my horn, and he kept on coming. I layed on the horn for a second, and he kept on coming...I floor it, and thanks to VDC, I nearly DIDN'T get out of the way...as it jammed the brakes on the rear wheels as I was trying to GTFO of the way.

Watching this idiot as he was backing towards me, he was just looking in his driver's side mirror. What moron backs up that way?

Had he have hit me, I would have been spending a day in jail or worse. I just got my truck a week ago!

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It seems that a great many people buy large vehicles (a la the Suburban) without any clue that they're a full time job to drive safely. Glad your truck is okay. My Brawn Red Frontier is invisible too -- people pull out in front of me and proceed to lope along at half the speed limit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
:thatswck: Good thing nothing happened to your truck though!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
it's amazing how some drivers got their licenses. my mom has an 04 solar yellow exterra and apparently neither height nor color made it visible to the person who backed into it and drove away.....

the good news is your truck is okay and you didnt have to go to jail...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Watching this idiot as he was backing towards me, he was just looking in his driver's side mirror. What moron backs up that way?
I always use my side mirrors to back up. At night, I can't hardly see through the tinted class of my cap. Some "morons" just don't know how to do it right.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always use my side mirrors to back up. At night, I can't hardly see through the tinted class of my cap. Some "morons" just don't know how to do it right.
I've got 20% tint all around on my 370z, which also has HUGE blind spots...

I do just fine, and I don't use either side mirror as the primary means of backing up...I keep my head on a swivel and look out the back window, and check my side mirrors as well in addition.

And this guy didn't have tint :facepalm:

I kind of wonder if they guy was just being a ajckssa though.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
It seems that a great many people buy large vehicles (a la the Suburban) without any clue that they're a full time job to drive safely. Glad your truck is okay. My Brawn Red Frontier is invisible too -- people pull out in front of me and proceed to lope along at half the speed limit.
yeah, the red brawns seem to be the most invisible. between the mopes merging in on the highway and the rest of them backing out in lots, youd start to wonder if drivers had eyes at all. but i know better - theyre all just too involved in their own thing. just gotta stay defensive the best you can and watch out for 'em.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ya it seems that when you have a NEW truck or car everyones out after you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on keeping yourself, wife and new Frontier safe! There are so many drivers out there who ride in their vehicles but do everything but drive. Give thanks that you aren't like that dip-wad in the Suburban!

Mickiemac

·
Super Moderator
11,059 Posts
I try to drive with the mindset of nobody can see me. That way I get few surprises. Years ago I needed to be in front, first off the light etc., these days I rather not get into any confrontations as there are too many A-holes on the road.
I do have a hot temper and have been pretty good at keeping it in check theses days.
I'm sure you've all had someone cut you off and even though you were glued to the horn they don't even flinch as if you didn't exist. Just like in the original post here.

Clint

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Same dam way I got hit, only if she had been looking in her driver side mirror she would have seen me....waiting for traffic...:comphead:

·
Registered
567 Posts
What really gets me is how many times I've almost got it because the other driver has their head up their :censor: on a :censor: cell phone. Drives me nuts!:pullout:

·
Super Moderator
11,059 Posts
What really gets me is how many times I've almost got it because the other driver has their head up their :censor: on a :censor: cell phone. Drives me nuts!:pullout:
This is why I don't take the motorcycle out like I used to. I prefer to be in one piece....

Clint

1 - 15 of 15 Posts