Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Nissan Frontier XE CC LB RWD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm a bit stumped by this one, but has anyone seen an instance where the truck actual propels forward (not much maybe an inch or two) when releasing the clutch while the truck is in neutral? Only happens when the weather is in the 30s so maybe 40-50 degrees in the garage. It's not like the truck was left in gear either before the truck was started, it was left in neutral the evening before. When it's really cold I will go to the garage and start it for a few minutes before leaving, but now I make sure to apply the foot brake when doing so. Shifting is brutal when it is cold and a few minutes of warming it up seems to help.

The trans was rebuilt by the previous owner but not sure if the clutch was changed. Sure seems solid so I'm thinking it was. It's an 03 V6 2WD. Clutch slave cylinder reservoir is full.

Doesn't seem to harm anything, but even with my minimal clutch design knowledge I just don't understand how it's happening while out of gear entirely. Was hoping someone could clue me in.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Change the transmission oil. Use 75w-85 manual transmission oil.
Sounds like the current oil is much too thick.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe a sticky throw-out bearing or clutch slave cylinder? Thinking somewhere in the clutch fork area there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts