Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Truck lift

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Topoutman 
#1 ·
ok so Im going to lift my truck, but what should I get to make it easier for myself.

in what order should I install them?
-3' Suspension
-3' BL
-shackles
-tbar

And about shackles, what are they?Should i buy them to get any easy lift? (im new to trucks)

should I crank my t bars a bit to raise a bit higher?

Thanks in advance, sorry about all the questions.

#4 ·
Shackles will raise the rear up and you can get anywhere between one to three inches in the front by cranking your torsion bars. I got two and a half out of mine and could have gotten a little bit more if I wanted it.

Body lifts are cheap but they don't give anymore ground clearance. They are usually used if you need clearance for bigger tires.

Suspension lifts are more expensive, but are also more functional if you do any offroading.

It all depends on what you use your truck for and how much you are willing to spend.

#6 ·
are you going to be adding a winch/bumper to the truck if your not you really don't need stiffer bars. Body lifts are totally pointless on an IFS truck as you can't do a true tummy tuck and gain ground clearance (they make room or larger tires but you can get the same clearance with a saw) If you're planning on 33s or larger you will need to address the weak steering and if you're going to say a 35in tire you'll want to look into axle and t-case gears.

at the end of the day what are you looking to do with your truck?

#7 ·
What are you going to do with your truck is exactly correct. If you're doing some light wheeling and want bigger tires without stuffing the wheel wells, then crank up the t-bars to level the truck a little without killing the travel. If that isn't enough then a 2"-3"body lift will make more room for bigger tires. As Drew said, a body lift will only give you tire clearance, it's the bigger tire that gives you the ground clearance. If you're going crazy off roading and rock climbing then it's a complete suspension package for you.

I've run body lifts in a few different trucks with bigger tires (33's), but only did light wheeling in trails and on the beach, and never had any trouble.

#11 ·
Sounds like a good plan but watch out, once you get the bug, its hard to stop. As always, we want pictures.

#9 ·
i would do a suspension and ditch the body lift

#13 ·
I did a 3" body lift and rancho 2.5" suspension lift. the ride is nt bad for a truck lifted that high. but the aal makes my truck sit higher in the rear. I am running stock size tires right now. I'll be running 33's in the future. I found the body lift almost easier to do than the suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.