Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I went to start my truck to go somewhere. except i hear my engine silent, but the starter is doing it little gig... the battery is still charged, and YES i do have gas in the truck. any ideas?

·
Registered
923 Posts
clean your battery terminals i think that has helped people in the past

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, so the truck wouldnt start due to the security system detcting a wrong key use... so NOW it starts... but my break lights wont brighten when i depress the brake petal(still have rear running lights) and neitherwindow on the driver side will work (rear driver is stuck shut, and driver window stuck open.)

WTF!

·
Premium Member
9,766 Posts
Check the bulbs. It might just be a coincidence that the stop filaments are both out. As far as the windows go, has it rained in the window recently enough to ruin the power switch?

Clint

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Pull the negitive battery terminal to reboot.
Maybe a brake lite switch, but I'd check the bulbs first.
Windows? Fuse? The window regulators pull a lot of juice. Maybe check the grounds, starting w/the main on the engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well today i will check every fuse anyways. and i will see if can pop the switch cover off to see if there is any corrosion or anything and see if auto zone can order me a new switch unit.

as for the lights, i will swap those out with my back ups

·
Registered
57 Posts
some time people cant see the forest due to the trees.but did you check the button to cancel out windows (what ever its called) and i had 2 of the 3 bulbs go on me 2 wks ago
on the brake lights
Codemaster

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some time people cant see the forest due to the trees.but did you check the button to cancel out windows (what ever its called) and i had 2 of the 3 bulbs go on me 2 wks ago
on the brake lights
Codemaster

what did you mean by checking the button?

and my toolbox was stolen out of my truck last week... so im just awaiting my roommates jeep to get off the lift so i can do the bulbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts