Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Does anyone have any experience with low profile utility truck bed boxes?
I’ve been doing some research and it’s hard to find a decent product without any bad reviews or even anything that really fits.
Im looking for something that doesn’t take a whole lot of bed space ( like maybe 18-20 inches of truck bed space length wise) and sturdy that it won’t get banged up too easily.

thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.

here’s what I found. Although I’m wary of ordering off of amazon because of most reviews saying their box was dented or damaged in one way or another. but it has been the cheapest price I’ve been able to find.

I’m pretty picky so if any information I see can benefit others, I try to share, or you guys can open my eyes to other aspects of the product...

UWS TBS-63-A-LP-MB 63-Inch Matte Black Aluminum Angled Truck Tool Box with Low Profile

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a Kobalt and it's pretty flimsy, but it holds what I need. If I was a contractor or someone who used it frequently, I'd want something a bit more sturdy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awww shet someone finally replied to me! Thank you for your input! I’m always doing something random like helping friends move, bikes in the back, tossing in random junk I come across. I’d probably beat up whatever box I put up there
if it isn’t sturdy enough.

·
Registered
None, yet
138 Posts
Tractor supply doesn't have anything decent?

My truck came with one that sits in the bed, not on the rails. It seems ok but i am taking it out because i need the whole bed length to carry my bicycle, i ride recumbent so its a little longer than a regular bike.

I can get a pic for you.

Also, i was going to test fit the box i used to have on my s10 because the bed widths looked similar, so i will report back on that, too

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the box from Nissan that slides on the rails, pretty badass. Only problem I have is my grandson likes to help load the roof rack, n while standing on it multiple times it’s fricking starting to sag n if open lid to much it’s pulling the hings ripping them from box

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the box from Nissan that slides on the rails, pretty badass. Only problem I have is my grandson likes to help load the roof rack, n while standing on it multiple times it’s fricking starting to sag n if open lid to much it’s pulling the hings ripping them from box
Can you show a picture of that box?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked this up at Tractor Supply the other day. Not low profile, but doesn't take up too much space in the bed. Simple install. Sturdy enough for both kids to stand and sit on (maybe 120lbs combined).
20200321_185458.jpg

·
Registered
None, yet
138 Posts
I think this is the first truck I am going to own that doesn't have a box on the back. on my last three trucks I had the box to put my bicycle stuff in while going to rides/races but since this truck is a 4 door, I just put them in the back seat. its nice, but definitely feels weird not having a box

1 - 18 of 18 Posts