Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this under common frontier problems thread, and have a few ideas from google searching but wanted to ask here for ideas.

2013 Frontier SV king cab, v6, 4x4

I have a squeaking sound that I'm 90% sure is coming from the front left wheel. I hear it only when the wheel is turned about 40 degrees or more to the right only, not the left. Speed does not seem to matter. And I only hear it going forwards, not in reverse. It sounds circular in motion - ie; squeak squeak squeak. It sounds metallic but I do not think it is the brakes. The steering is very smooth, and I am driving on flat well paved road.

Can't check it until tomorrow when I have the garage to my own car.

I'm going to check the brake pads, brake rotor shield. I'll lift the whole front end and spin the wheels. I've also hear to lube the hood hinge, although I doubt that is the problem. What other things should I look for?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had something similar on my 11’ at about 30k and it ended up being the brakes.
The outer edge of my rotors rusted as it wore then expanded enough to catch my shield. Took a small ball peen to the edge of the rotor to knock off the rust. It happened in all driving conditions. Sounded just like a wear tab.
Drove me nuts till I found it.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not sure if it's applicable to you or not, but I had an intermittent squeak that I thought was coming from the driver side suspension. Someone suggested in another thread (this post) that it might be the rubber gasket worn off of the hood latch catch (!) and to wrap some electrical tape around the catch where it engages the latch. That fixed my problem (to my amazement). Just throwing it out there.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
I had the infamous hood latch squeak, as well. Usually that squeak occurs when shutting the driver's door or going over bumps or bumpy roads. By the OP's description, it sounds more like a rotational noise consistent with a brake issue or a pebble stuck in the brakes. That hood latch squeak drove me insane for almost a year before I found a post on it! LOL

·
Registered
190 Posts
Right, that's why I said not sure if applicable, just trying to cover all the bases. It's such an easy check and fix... For what it's worth the hood latch squeak happened to me many times on seemingly smooth roads with only a little vibration, maybe from wind or something making the hood lift, I don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts